This epic cycle route runs for over 300 miles from Derby to Berwick Upon Tweed.
The route passes through the stunning scenery of the South and North Pennines, the Derbyshire Dales, the Peak District and the Yorkshire Dales. Counties traversed include Derbyshire, West Yorkshire, Lancashire, North Yorkshire, Cumbria and Northumberland.
Route highlights include views of the famous Hadrian's Wall Path and the traffic free sections along the Tissington Trail and the Longdendale Trail.
The route links up with two other major cycleways in the form of the hugely popular Trans Pennine Trail and the Pennine Bridleway.
Below you can see a list of manageable day rides along the route.
Scroll down further for a route video and the complete gpx file.
Cycle Routes on the Pennine Cycleway
- Derby to Ashbourne - Follow NCN route 54 through Derbyshire on this lovely route
- Ashbourne to Buxton -This ride takes you along various off road cycle paths and tracks through the Derbyshire countryside.
- Tissington Trail - The Tissington trail is a 13 mile off road path following the trackbed of a disused railway line through the stunning Peak District National Park.
The trail is shared by walkers and cyclists offering fabulous views of the Derbyshire countryside
- Buxton to Hadfield - This ride takes you along National Cycle route 68 through the beautiful Peak District
- Longdendale Trail - This splendid cycling and walking trail follows a disused railway line through the Longdendale in the Peak District National Park
- Midshires Way - This route follows public bridleways and quiet country lanes through Middle England, from Bledlow, near Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire, to Stockport in Greater Manchester
- Huddersfield to Barnsley - Follow National Cycle routes 68 and 62 on this varied route which takes you through the beautiful peak district and along sections of the Trans Pennine Trail
- Huddersfield to Sowerby Bridge - Follow National Cycle routes 68 and 69 on this attractive route through the Calder Valley in Yorkshire
- Burnley to Hebden Bridge - This hilly ride follows National Cycle route 68 from Lancashire into Yorkshire
- Burnley to Settle - Follow National Cycle route 68 through Lancashire and the Yorkshire Dales
- Burnley to Skipton - This lovely ride takes you along National Cycle route 68 through Lancashire and Yorkshire
- Settle to Ripon - Travel along National Cycle routes 68 and 688 on this incredible ride through the stunning Yorkshire Dales
- Haltwhistle to Alston - This traffic free ride runs along a shared cycling and walking path from Haltwhistle to Alston
- Haltwhistle to Bellingham - This ride follows National Cycle routes 72 and 68 through the beautiful and tranquil Northumberland National Park
- Bellingham to Berwick-upon-Tweed - This long challenging cycle ride takes you along National Cycle route 68 and through the beautiful Northumberland National Park from Bellingham to Berwick-upon-Tweed