This interesting Mid Devon town is located on the River Culm near Exeter and Tiverton.
The historic settlement includes a 15th century church, interesting old mills, a Grade I listed 17th century house and several Grade II listed buildings. For walkers there's lots of good options in the nearby Blackdown Hills AONB and through the pretty Culm Valley.
This walk in the town takes you along the pretty mill leat walk on the eastern side of the settlement. There's a nice surfaced footpath taking you along the pretty waterway to the town's historic mills.
PostcodeEX15 1BQ - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Cullompton Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Cullompton Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Cullompton OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Cullompton Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Cullompton
- Exeter Canal - Follow the Exter Ship Canal from the centre of Exeter to the River Exe Estuary
- Exeter Circular Walk - A fine circular walk visiting the canal, river and parks of the city of Exeter
- Tiverton Canal Walk - An easy walk along the Grand Western Canal from Tiverton to the nearby village of Sampford Peverell
- Tiverton to Bickleigh Walk - This walk takes you from Tiverton to Bickleigh using a section of the Exe Valley Way
- Bickleigh Mill - This walk visits the 18th century Bickleigh Mill in Devon
- Killerton Park - The Killerton Estate is 6,400 acres of parkland and countryside containing over 60 miles of footpaths and cycle tracks
- Exe Valley Way - The walk starts in Starcross on the banks of the River Exe Estuary and heads through Powderham Deer Park and then along the Exeter Canal to Exeter
- Grand Western Canal - This splendid waterside walk takes you from Tiverton in Devon to Taunton in Somerset.
The first section of the walk takes you from Tiverton to Greenham along the towpath of the Grand Western Canal
- Knightshayes Park - Explore the beautiful country estate of this Gothic Revival Mansion in Tiverton, Devon
- Ashclyst Forest - Enjoy miles of woodland cycling and walking trails in this large forest near Killerton
The Weary Traveller is a good choice for some post walk refreshment. They do a find carvery and also have a lovely large garden area for warmer days. You can find them on Station Road at postcode EX15 1BQ for your sat navs.
The easy paths make for a nice easy dog walk. The Weary Traveller mentioned above is also dog friendly.
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
To the west you can visit the splendid Bickleigh Mill and pick up the Exe Valley Way for more riverside walking.
For more walking ideas in the area see the Blackdown Hills Walks and the Devon Walks pages.