Holsworthy Walks - The Viaducts Walk
This Devon based market town is close to both the Exmoor and Dartmoor National Parks.
This walk from the town visits the viaduct at Derriton just to the south east of the settlement. It then goes on to visit the Coles Mill Viaduct.
The walk starts at the tourist information centre and heads south west through the town to the viaduct. You can then follow a cycle and walking path over the viaduct which crosses the River Deer. You can then head back east to visit the Coles Mill Viaduct which lies just south of the town.
PostcodeEX22 7HU - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Holsworthy Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Holsworthy Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Holsworthy OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Holsworthy Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Holsworthy
- Cookworthy Forest - These woods are located near Holsworthy in Devon
- Hartland Point - Visit Hartland Point on this circular walk on the beautiful Hartland Peninsula in Devon
- Hartland Quay - This circular walk around the Hartland Peninsula takes in some beautiful coastal views, interesting rock formations, plunging waterfalls and the little village of Stoke
- Roadford Lake - This beautiful 730 acre lake and country park in Dartmoor is perfect for a waterside cycle or walk
- Abbeyford Woods - These woods in Okehampton have miles of nice cycling and walking trails to try
- Westward Ho - Westward Ho! is a lovely seaside village in North Devon with a nice beach and some great coastal walking
- Northam Burrows Country Park - Explore over 600 acres of grassy coastal plain, salt marsh, sand dunes and grasslands in this coastal country park in Devon
- Meldon Reservoir - Enjoy a waterside walk around this lovely reservoir on Dartmoor
- Tamar Lakes - These two pretty reservoirs sit on the border of Cornwall and Devon
The Rydon Inn is a good choice for some post walk refreshment. They serve good quality food which you can enjoy with a view from the conservatory. There's also outdoor seating if the weather is favourable. You can find them at postcode EX22 7HU. They are also dog friendly if you have your canine friend with you.
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
Head south east of the town and there's some nice woodland trails around Cookworthy Forest. The old rail line also runs through this area which is popular with dog walkers. Holsworthy Woods are located just to the south of the town.
Head north and you can enjoy waterside walking around the lovely Tamar Lakes. Beyond that is the Hartland area where you can pick up the Hartland Point and Hartland Quay walks.
For cyclists National Cycle Route 3 runs through the area.
For more walking ideas in the area see the Exmoor Walks and Dartmoor Walks pages.