Radcliffe on Trent Cliff Walk
This village near Nottingham has some fine riverside trails and two fine local country parks to visit.
This walk from the village takes you along the popular Cliff Walk which runs along the River Trent to the Rockley Memorial Park. You can start off near the train station where you can pick up the Trent Valley Way and follow the riverside path north along the Cliffs. It's a nice wide path which is accessible for buggies, wheelchairs and mobility scooters.
Along the way you will pass the Rockley Memorial Park which is dedicated to local men who died in the Great War. It's an attractive park to explore with rhododendrons, azaleas, landscaped lawns and wonderful towering trees.
The path also passes the impressive Stoke Weir and Lock at the village of Stoke Bardolph. There's a nature trail on the opposite side of the river here.
The walk can be extended by continuing along the Trent Valley Way to Shelford and Fiskerton where there are several million pound properties and a fine riverside pub.
Radcliffe on Trent Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Radcliffe on Trent Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Radcliffe on Trent OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Radcliffe on Trent Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Radcliffe on Trent
- Nottingham Canal - Enjoy a walk or cycle along this pretty canal in Nottingham
- Nottingham Circular Walk - This long circular walk makes use of various waymarked footpaths to take you on a tour of the city's rivers, canals, nature reserves and parks.
The walk starts at the train station and heads a short distance south to the River Trent
- Trent Valley Way - Follow the River Trent from Long Eaton in Derbyshire to West Stockwith in Nottinghamshire on this lovely waterside walk
- Shelford - This attractive Nottinghamshire village has some nice river and country trails to try
- Holme Pierrepont Country Park - Enjoy a waterside walk or cycle in this splendid 270 acre country park in Nottingham
- Colwick Country Park - Enjoy several miles of lovely, waterside walking and cycling in this country park in Nottingham
- Gunthorpe - This village near Nottingham is a popular place for riverside strolls
- Lambley Dumbles - This walk explores the delightful Lambley Dumbles in Nottinghamshire
- Gedling Country Park - Enjoy a series of well laid out cycling and walking trails in this 240 acre country park in Nottingham
- West Bridgford - This Nottinghamshire based market town is located just south of the city of Nottingham
- Broxtowe Country Park - This country park in Nottingham has some nice cycling and walking trails to try
- Cotgrave Country Park - This lovely country park near Nottingham is the perfect place for a peaceful cycle or walk
- Fiskerton - This rural Nottinghamshire village has some pleasant riverside and and countryside trails to try
- Hickling - This walk follows a pleasant section of the Grantham Canal from the village of Hickling to Harby.
The wide tree lined paths are ideal for dog walking so you'll probably see other owners on your visit.
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
Head west along the river and you could explore Holme Pierrepont Country Park and Colwick Country Park near West Bridgford. Here you'll find a nature reserve, a number of lakes and the National Watersports Centre.
For more walking ideas in the area see the Nottinghamshire Walks page.