Sherburn in Elmet Walks - Near and Around
This historic village in North Yorkshire is located just west of Selby. The settlement is noted for its 12th century church and large airfield just to the east.
This walk from the village takes you to Bishop Wood near Selby.
The walk starts in the village and follows footpaths east past the train station and the Sherburn-in-Elmet Airfield, which is currently the base for the Sherburn Aero Club. You'll pass Lenerton Farm, the Carr Dike and Rest Park before coming to Bishop Wood. These expansive woods have a number of flat trails with bluebells in the spring months and wildflowers in the summer.
Sherburn in Elmet Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Sherburn in Elmet Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Sherburn in Elmet OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Sherburn in Elmet Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Sherburn in Elmet
- Selby Canal - Follow the Selby Canal from the Yorkshire town of Selby to West Haddlesey on this nice waterside walk
- Trans Pennine Trail - This terrific walking and cycling trail runs from coast to coast across northern England entirely on surfaced paths
- Skipwith Common - This large open space near Selby has three colour coded, waymarked walks to try
- Bishop Wood - This walk explores the woodland trails in the expansive Bishop Wood near Selby, Cawood and Wistow.
- Howden 20 - This 20 mile circular walk takes you on a tour of the countryside around the market town of Howden in Yorkshire.