Swettenham Arms Walks
This walk starts from the popular Swettenham Arms pub in Cheshire.
The 16th century inn is an ideal location, surrounded by some lovely Cheshire countryside. They serve good food and also have a delightful lavender meadow to sit out in. From the inn you can directly pick up the Dane Valley Way and follow the waymarked trail south to visit the nearby Brereton Heath Country Park, crossing the River Dane on the way. There's some nice trails here taking you through peaceful woodland and around a pretty lake. The walk can be extended by continuing along the Dane Valley Way to visit Astbury Mere Country Park in Congleton. The mere is another fine place for waterside walking and only a few miles south east of Swettenham. If you follow the trail west it will take to nearby Holmes Chapel.
Just north of the village there's the Swettenham Meadows Nature Reserve on the Swettenham Brook. There's lots of interesting flora and fauna to see in this area. A little further north there's Jodrell Bank where there's a lovely arboretum to explore.
PostcodeCW12 2LF - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Swettenham Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Swettenham Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Swettenham OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Swettenham Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Swettenham
- Dane Valley Way - Follow the River Dane through Derbyshire and Cheshire on this fabulous walk from Buxton to Middlewich.
Highlights on the route include the wonderful Three Shires Head where the counties of Cheshire, Derbyshire and Staffordshire meet
- Brereton Heath Country Park - Explore 50 acres of silver birch and oak woodland in this country park and nature reserve in Davenport
- Astbury Mere Country Park - Enjoy a waterside walk around the peaceful Astbury Mere in Congleton, Cheshire
- Congleton - This Cheshire based town is great for waterside walking with a delightful local mere and canalside paths to enjoy
- Holmes Chapel - This Cheshire based village has some nice local riverside trails and a local country park to visit.
- Jodrell Bank Arboretum - The Jodrell Bank telescope is an iconic structure located near Holmes Chapel in Cheshire
The country and woodland trails make for a fine dog walk. The Arms is also dog friendly.
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
For more walking ideas in the area see the Cheshire Walks page.