West Bridgford Walks
This Nottinghamshire based market town is located just south of the city of Nottingham. The town is positioned next to the River Trent and includes a number of Victorian buildings and a medieval church.
This walk follows a section of the Trent Valley Way east along the riverside path to Colwick Country Park and Holme Pierrepont Country Park. The parks are a lovely place for a stroll and include large lakes, meadows, the National Watersports centre and a nature reserve with lots of wildlife to see.
The walk can be extended by continuing east along the river to visit the pretty villages of Radcliffe on Trent Shelford, Gunthorpe, Rolleston and Fiskerton. In Radcliffe you can try the Radcliffe on Trent Cliff Walk which takes you along an elevated tree lined path above the river. The area also includes the Rockley Memorial Park where you'll find lovely gardens in a peaceful setting.
PostcodeNG2 5GJ - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
West Bridgford Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
West Bridgford Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
West Bridgford OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
West Bridgford Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near West Bridgford
- Colwick Country Park - Enjoy several miles of lovely, waterside walking and cycling in this country park in Nottingham
- Broxtowe Country Park - This country park in Nottingham has some nice cycling and walking trails to try
- Holme Pierrepont Country Park - Enjoy a waterside walk or cycle in this splendid 270 acre country park in Nottingham
- Trent Valley Way - Follow the River Trent from Long Eaton in Derbyshire to West Stockwith in Nottinghamshire on this lovely waterside walk
- Gedling Country Park - Enjoy a series of well laid out cycling and walking trails in this 240 acre country park in Nottingham
- Attenborough Nature Reserve - Explore over 350 acres of lakes, wetland, woodland, grassland and scrub in this popular nature reserve near Nottingham
- Nottingham Circular Walk - This long circular walk makes use of various waymarked footpaths to take you on a tour of the city's rivers, canals, nature reserves and parks.
The walk starts at the train station and heads a short distance south to the River Trent
- Erewash Valley Trail - This splendid cycling and walking trail explores the canals, countryside, towns and villages of south Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire
- Beeston Canal - This walk takes you along the Beeston Canal in Nottingham
- Nottingham Canal - Enjoy a walk or cycle along this pretty canal in Nottingham
- Shelford - This attractive Nottinghamshire village has some nice river and country trails to try
- Grantham Canal - A lovely peaceful walk alongside the Grantham Canal from Grantham to Nottingham
- Cotgrave Country Park - This lovely country park near Nottingham is the perfect place for a peaceful cycle or walk
- Vale of Belvoir - A long circular walk through the lovely Vale of Belvoir on the borders of Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire
- Radcliffe on Trent - This village near Nottingham has some fine riverside trails and two fine local country parks to visit.
- Gunthorpe - This village near Nottingham is a popular place for riverside strolls
- Fiskerton - This rural Nottinghamshire village has some pleasant riverside and and countryside trails to try
On the walk you could stop off at the Waterside Bar. They are located in a fine spot next to the river so you can sit outside on the terrace and enjoy a lovely view on warmer days. You can find them at 1 Bridgford House with a postcode of NG2 5GJ for your sat navs.
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
If you were to head west along the river path it would take you to the Attenborough Nature Reserve where there's lots of water loving wildlife to see.
On the eastern side of the town you can pick up the Grantham Canal and enjoy another waterside walk to the nearby Cotgrave Country Park. From here the canal can be followed to Hickling where there's a fine 18th century canalside pub.
For more walking ideas in the area see the Nottinghamshire Walks page.