This walk takes you through some of the most beautiful countryside in Shropshire. You will visit Shrewsbury, Clun (with its ruined castle), Ludlow, Clee Hills, Wenlock Edge, Ironbridge and The Wrekin, where there are some truly spectacular views of this splendid county. The walk begins at Grindley Brook, near Whitchurch, and runs along a circuit to finish a Wem.
Walk Highlights include:
- Following the Shropshire Union Canal at the start of the route from Grindley Brook
- Following the River Severn through Shrewsbury
- The ruined castle at Clun
- Haughmond Hill with its delightful woodland near Shrewsbury
- Following the Rivers Onny and Tem into Ludlow and past Ludlow Castle
- The Clee Hills near Ludlow - part of the Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- The historic town of Ironbridge with its iconic 18th century bridge over the River Severn and the magnificent Ironbridge Gorge
- The spectacular views from The Wrekin near Ironbridge.
- The fascinating ancient woodland and 500 million year old rocks at The Ercall next to the Wrekin.
- The geologically interesting area at Grinshill.
- Following the River Roden into the finish point at Wem
Please click here for more information