Bolton Circular Walk - Rotary Way Footpath
Enjoy industrial heritage, reservoirs, historic estates, memorials and country parks on this circular walk around Bolton. The walk visits Adlington, West Houghton, Blackrod and Farnworth. Walk highlights include Jumbles Country Park and Rivington Reservoirs, Blackleach Country Park and a waterside stretch along the Leeds & Liverpool canal.
Bolton Rotary Way Footpath Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Bolton Rotary Way Footpath Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Bolton Rotary Way Footpath OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Bolton Rotary Way Footpath Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Bolton
- Rivington Country Park - This lovely country park is on the edge of the West Penine Moors and makes for a fine afternoon's cycling with its reservoirs, woods and splendid scenery
- Winter Hill - Enjoy a walk to Winter Hill on the West Pennine Moors in Lancashire
- Jumbles Country Park - Enjoy a short stroll around Jumbles Reservoir in this pretty country park in Bolton
- Blackleach Country Park - This country park in Walkden has nice footpaths to follow around the lake and through woodland
- Turton Tower - This walk visits a notable historical landmark near Bolton
- Wayoh Reservoir - Enjoy an easy circular walk around this pretty reservoir near Bolton
- Entwistle Reservoir - This circular walk follows the waterside footpath around Turton and Entwistle Reservoir near Bolton in Lancashire
- Rivington Reservoir - Enjoy a stroll along the Rivington Reservoirs on this waterside walk in Rivington Country Park, near Bolton.
The walk starts from the Rivington Hall Barn car park at the southern end of the lower reservoir
- Adlington Circular Walk - This circular walk explores the countryside surrounding the Lancashire town of Adlington
On the eastern side of Rivington Reservoir you could enjoy some refreshments in the delightful Rivington Village Green Tea Room. There's a cosy interior where you can enjoy a good range of snacks and meals. There's also an outdoor area for warmer days and the cafe is very dog friendly too. You can find the tea rooms on Sheep House Lane with a postcode of BL6 7SD for your sat navs.
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
On the route you'll pass Turton Tower near Jumbles Reservoir in Bolton. This historical landmark dates back to the Middle Ages and includes pleasant grounds with woodland and pretty gardens. There's also a delightful tea room with a terraced garden where you could stop off and rest for a while.
For more walking ideas in the area see the West Pennine Moors Walks and the Greater Manchester Walks pages.