Portishead Nature Reserve Walk
An easy circular walk around the Portsbury Wharf Nature Reserve in Portishead. The attractive 113 acre site provides a vital buffer of green land between Portishead and the Portbury Dock industrial complex.
You can start the walk fro the Portishead Marina car park, located next to the reserve. Here you can pick up footpaths heading east onto the site, which includes two large pools, several ponds, grazing marsh, hay meadows and hedgerows.
There's also a number of bird hides where you can look out for a variety of wildlife. Keep your eyes peeled for curlew, dunlin, redshank and shelduck as you make your way around the site.
To extend your walking in the area you can try the popular Portishead to Clevedon Walk. The walk starts from the nearby Portishead Lake and includes pretty bays, nice beaches, sandstone cliffs and great views across the Severn Estuary into Wales.
You could also pick up the Gordano Round and explore the splendid Gordano Valley.
PostcodeBS20 7TD - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Portishead Nature Reserve Walk Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Portishead Nature Reserve Walk Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Portishead Nature Reserve Walk OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Portishead Nature Reserve Walk Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Portishead
- Portishead to Clevedon - Follow the coastal path from Portishead to Clevedon on this point to point walk in Somerset
- Clevedon - This north Somerset based town has lots of opportunities for walkers with coast, country, woodland, hill climbs and a nearby historic house to explore on foot.
- Gordano Round - This figure of eight walk takes you on a tour of the coast, countryside, woodland and villages around Portishead in Somerset.
- Sand Point - Enjoy fine views across the Bristol Channel to Wales on this coastal walk on the edge of the Mendip Hills in Somerset.
- Weston-Super-Mare - This Somerset seaside resort has some fine coastal walking, a large area of local woodland, some fine hill climbs and a nature reserve with lots of coastal wildlife to see.
- Weston Woods - These pretty woods in Weston-Super-Mare have a series of good footpaths to try
- Poets Walk Clevedon - This short walk in Clevedon follows the Poet's Walk footpath along the cliff tops to the west of the town
- Clevedon to Weston-Super-Mare - This walk takes you from Clevedon to Weston-Super-Mare using a mixture of coastal paths and country lanes.
The reserve is a great place for a dog walk but please keep them under close control or on a lead due to the wildlife. For more good dog walking trails head to the nearby Weston Woods.