Ross Round - Ross-on-Wye Circular Walk
This delightful circular walk takes you through the Herefordshire countryside around Ross-on-Wye.
You start on the River Wye, in the pretty market town of Ross-on-Wye, and follow the river north to the riversde settlement of Hole-in-the-Wall. The walk then leaves the river, visiting Crow Hill, Weston Under Penyard, Penyard Park, Warmhill Wood and Howle Hill as you head through the Herefordshire countryside.
There's much to enjoy on this varied walk including rivers, woodland and a series of pretty villages.
Situated in the beautiful Wye Valley Ross-on-Wye is ideally situated for walkers. To continue your walking in the area you could try the Herefordshire Trail which runs through the countryside from Ross on Wye to Bromyard via Ledbury.
Just to the south of the town is the lovely walk to Goodrich Castle and Coppet Hill. There's fascinating history, woodland trails and great views from the high points to enjoy here.
Ross Round Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Ross Round Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Ross Round OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Ross Round Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Ross-on-Wye
- Goodrich Castle and Coppet Hill - Explore the Goodrich Castle estate before climbing to Coppet Hill on this walk in Herefordshire
- Symonds Yat Rock - Enjoy wonderful views over the Wye Valley from this well know viewpoint on the Herefordshire and Gloucestershire border
- May Hill - Climb this hill on the Gloucestershire/Herefordshire border for wonderful views over the two counties, the Forest of Dean and the River Severn
- Herefordshire Trail - Ross on Wye to Bromyard - The Herefordshire Trail takes you on a tour of the area's prettiest villages, rivers, parks, woodland, countryside and hills
- Garway Hill - Climb across Garway Common to the summit of Garway Hill on this walk in in south-west Herefordshire
- Daffodil Way - Explore the pretty countryside, orchards and woodland surrounding the village of Dymock on this circular walk in the Forest of Dean
- Marcle Ridge Circular Walk - Climb to Marcle Ridge and enjoy splendid views towards the Haugh Woods - These woods in Hereford have mountain bike trails and a Butterfly Trail for walkers
- Mordiford Loop - This waymarked circular walk explores the countryside and woodland around the Herefordshire village of Mordiford