Salcombe Regis Walks
This little Devon village lies just to the east of Sidmouth. It's home to a good caravan park and a fine tourist attraction in the shape of a lovely donkey sanctuary.
This circular walk from the village visits the coast at Dunscombe Cliff before heading to the Donkey Sanctuary to the east of the village.
The walk starts in the village and follows a footpath south past Combe Wood Farm to the coast. Here you can pick up the South West Coast Path and follow the waymarked footpath east along Higher Dunscombe Cliff to Weston Mouth where there is an attractive beach. Here you turn north, passing the Dunscombe Woodland Coppice before coming to the Donkey Sanctuary. At the free attraction you'll find a series of walkways taking you around the site and providing plenty of opportunities to interact with the resident donkeys. There's also a fine restaurant with wonderful views over the surrounding countryside.
Salcombe Regis Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Salcombe Regis Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Salcombe Regis OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Salcombe Regis Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Salcombe Regis
- South West Coast Path - This incredible 600 mile walk follows the coast from Minehead in Somerset, through Devon and Cornwall and onto the finish point at Poole in Dorset
- Sidmouth to Beer - This walk follows a section of the wonderful Jurassic Coast from the town of Sidmouth to the village of Beer in Devon
- Sidmouth to Branscombe Walk - This walk follows a section of the South West Coast Path from Sidmouth to Branscombe
- Sidmouth to Budleigh Salterton Walk - This walk takes you along a lovely section of the South West Coast Path from Sidmouth to Budleigh
- Sidmouth to Ladram Bay - This walk visits a beautiful secluded bay and the wonderful sea stacks at Ladram Bay on the Jurassic Coast
- Jurassic Coast - Walk the entire length of the spectacular Jurassic Coast on this epic route in south west England
- Honiton - This historic Devon based town is situated on the edge of two Area's of Outstanding Natural Beauty - the East Devon AONB and the Blackdown Hills AONB
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
To continue your walking in the area head west into Sidmouth to pick up the popular Sidmouth to Beer Walk. Heading east will take you to Branscombe with more details on the Sidmouth to Branscombe Walk.
For more walking ideas in the area see the Devon Walks page.