Melton Mowbray Country Park
Explore 137 acres of open space in Melton Mowbray. The park has nice footpaths and lots of water features with ponds, lakes and weirs to enjoy. There's also a peaceful woodland walk and some stepping stones between the small top lake and the large middle lake.
Dotted around the park are plenty of picnic tables where you can relax next to the water. There's other good facilites with a visitor centre, play areas and a cafe for refreshments after your exercise.
The long distance Jubilee Way (Leics) runs through the park so it's easy to extend your walking in the area. You can follow the trail north to Scalford where you can pick up the Mowbray Way.
A few miles to the south of the town you can visit Burrough Hill Country Park. There's fabulous views over the Leicestershire countryside to enjoy here.
Melton Country Park PostcodeLE13 1HP - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Please click here for more information
Melton Country Park Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Melton Country Park Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Melton Country Park OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Melton Country Park Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Melton Mowbray
- Jubilee Way (Leics) - Follow the Jubilee Way through Leicestershire and into Lincolnshire on this delightful walk.
The walk starts off at the beautifulBurrough Hill Country Park and heads to Melton Mowbray passing Little Dalby on the way
- Mowbray Way - A short walk through the Leicestershire countryside from Scalford, passing Waltham on the Wolds and Buckminster park before finishing at Buckminster
- Burrough Hill Country Park - Climb the 210m (690 ft) Burrough Hill to the well-preserved Iron Age hill fort and enjoy fabulous views of the Leicestershire countryside
- Midshires Way - This route follows public bridleways and quiet country lanes through Middle England, from Bledlow, near Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire, to Stockport in Greater Manchester
- Leicestershire Round - Explore the countryside, villages, canals, rivers and reservoirs of Leicestershire on this interesting and varied circular walk