This beautiful village in Aberdeenshire is a popular base for exploring the Cairngorms National Park. In the village there's pleasant walks along the River Dee and the
Morrone Birkwood National Nature Reserve with its woodland and wildlife.
This walk visits the historic Braemar Castle which lies just to the north of the village. There's some nice trails to follow around the grounds of the highly photogenic castle.
The castle dates back to the 17th century with an audio tour detailing its fascinating history.
To continue your outing head west to visit the nearby Linn of Quoich where there are some splendid waterside trails and lots of picturesque waterfalls to see.
PostcodeAB35 5XR - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Please click here for more information
Braemar Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Braemar Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Braemar OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Braemar Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Braemar
- Ben Avon - This challenging walk in the Cairngorms takes you to the unusual Ben Avon plateau with its numerous granite tors and wonderful far reaching views
- Linn of Dee - This walk visits the beautiful 300-metre natural rock gorge at the Linn of Dee in the Cairngorms
- Linn of Quoich - Enjoy riverside walking, beautiful waterfalls and peaceful woodland trails on this walk through Glen Quoich in the Cairngorms
- Loch Callater - This walk visits the beautiful Loch Callater near Braemar in Aberdeenshire.
- Jocks Road - Follow the Jock's Road from Glendoll to Braemar on this long distance walk in Glen Clova
- Glen Clova - Enjoy an easy walk through the beautiful Glen Clova, on the edge of the Cairngorms National Park
- Corrie Fee Nature Reserve - Explore this beautiful natural amphitheatre created by a huge glacier thousands of years ago
- Loch Brandy - This walk in Glen Clova visits the lovely Loch Brandy.
The walk starts from the car park in Clova
- Loch Muick - Enjoy a watersidewalk around the beautiful Loch Muick on this super walk in the Cairngorms
- Lochnagar - This challenging walk climbs to Lochnagar Mountain in the Grampians of Scotland.
The walk starts from the Balmoral Estate visitor centre where there is parking available
- Balmoral Cairns - This walk visits a series of stone cairns on the estate of Balmoral Castle in Deeside
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
For more walking ideas in the area see the Cairngorms Walks page.