This Essex based town is located in the Epping Forest District, close to Greater London. It is accessible on the Central line of the London Underground.
Chigwell is located on two long distance waymarked footpaths in the shape of the Three Forests Way and the London Loop.
This walk from the town visits the wildlife rich River Roding Meadows Nature Reserve. The pretty reserve lies just to the west of the town and includes wildflower meadows and pleasant trails along the River Roding. You can follow a section of the London Loop to the reserve. To extend the walk continue west into Epping Forest to visit Connaught Water. Just to the east you can visit the woodland and lakes in Hainault Forest Country Park.
Chigwell Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Chigwell Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Chigwell OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Chigwell Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Chigwell
- River Roding - This cycling and walking route follows the River Roding from Roding Valley station to Ilford in Greater London
- Epping Forest Centenary Walk - Follow the Epping Forest Centenary Walk fom Manor Park to Epping on this pleasant 15 mile walk
- Connaught Water - This pretty lake in Epping Forest has a nice circular walking trail around its perimeter
- Hainault Forest Country Park - This country park contains open space parklands, numerous public footpaths, a large lake, the Hainault Forest Golf Club and Fox Burrow Farm
- London Loop - Also known as the London Outer Orbital Path, this walk takes you on a tour of the parks, woods and fields around the edge of Outer London
- Theydon Bois Oak Trail - This circular walk from the village of Theydon Bois explores an interesting and attractive area of Epping Forest.
- Three Forests Way - This circular walk links three fine forests in the Essex/Hertfordshire area - Hatfield Forest, Hainault Forest and Epping Forest
- Wanstead Flats - This large area of open grassland near Epping Forest has miles of walking trails to try
- Knighton Wood - Explore Knighton Wood and Lord Bushes on this short walk in the Buckhurst Hill area of Epping Forest
- Chingford - This area of East London is a nice place to start a few walks with the train station the terminus of a line from Liverpool Street station
- Waltham Abbey - Enjoy a circular walk around Waltham Abbey and Lee Valley Park on this lovely route