Goldsborough Hall Walks
This village in North Yorkshire is located close to both Harrogate and Knaresborough. There's some interesting history here with a fine old Jacobean Hall and a 16th century pub to investigate.
This walk from the village visits Goldsborough Hall and the nearby Ribston Hall.
The walk starts at the 16th century Goldsborough Hall where you can enjoy pleasant walks through the parkland, landscaped gardens and woodland on the estate. The gardens at Goldsborough Hall are open to the public until 30th September 2021 on selected dates with more details on the link below. It's a lovely place for a stroll with a Lime Tree avenue and herbaceous borders to admire.
You then head west through the village to pick up the Knaresborough Round. You can then follow this waymarked footpath south to see the neighbouring Ribston Hall which lies a couple of miles to the south. The privately owned 17th-century country mansion is situated in a lovely spot on the banks of the River Nidd.
PostcodeHG5 8NR - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Please click here for more information
Goldsborough Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Goldsborough Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Goldsborough OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Goldsborough Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Goldsborough
- Knaresborough River Walk - Enjoy a lovely riverside walk along the River Nidd, from Knaresborough Castle to the nearby Conyngham Hall
- Knaresborough Round - This 20 mile circular walk takes you on a tour of the countryside, lakes, rivers, woodland and villages surrounding the historic Yorkshire town of Knaresborough
- Nidd Gorge - Explore this beautiful river gorge on this waterside walk in Knaresborough
- Plumpton Rocks - These beautiful 30 acre gardens in Harrogate are a splendid place for an afternoon stroll
- Hovingham - This large village in Ryedale sits in an appealing location on the edge of the Howardian Hills
- Staveley Nature Reserve - This circular walk takes you around the lovely Staveley Nature Reserve near Boroughbridge and Knaresborough in Yorkshire.
- Harrogate Ringway - This is a 20 mile circular walk around Harrogate
- Harrogate to Knaresborough - A riverside walk between these two attractive Yorkshire towns
- Wetherby - This lovely market town near Leeds is well worth a visit for its architecture and fascinating history
- Wetherby to Spofforth Castle - Follow the Wetherby Railway Path from Wetherby to Spofforth on this easy walk or cycle in Yorkshire
- Slingsby - This pretty North Yorkshire village sits just to the east of Hovingham in Ryedale.
The Bay Horse Inn dates back to the 16th century. They serve good quality food and have a nice garden area for warmer days. The inn has recently been refurbished and is very walker and dog friendly. You can find them on Main Street at postcode HG5 8NW.
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
The historic Beningbrough Hall lies a few miles east. The grounds of this Georgian mansion are a fine place for a stroll with views of the River Ouse and beautiful gardens to enjoy. On the opposite side of the river you can also see the village of Nun Monkton which sits at the confluence of the River Nidd and Ouse. The village has some interesting features including a village green, duck pond, pretty cottages, riverside trails and the impressive 17th century Nun Monkton Priory.
For more walking ideas in the area see the Nidderdale Walks page.