This Staffordshire based village is located near Newcastle Under Lyme. The historic village is home to a well known and particularly attractive university campus.
This circular walk from the village takes you south east along Lymes Road before exploring the woodland and lakes in the expansive grounds of Keele University. There's 650 acres to explore with colour coded trails taking you to an Arboretum with over 150 species of tree. Click here for an excellent guided walk leaflet telling you all about the flora and fauna you can see here.
The route also passes very close to the famous Keele Services, located on the M6, just south of the village.
PostcodeST5 5AD - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Please click here for more information
Keele Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Keele Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Keele OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Keele Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Keele
- Newcastle Under Lyme - The Staffordshire based town of Newcastle Under Lyme is well known for a number of attractive parks and gardens
- Apedale Country Park - Explore 450 acres of community country park in Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire
- Silverdale Country Park - This pretty country park is located in Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire
- Newcastle Way - Starting at Mow Cop, follow the Newcastle Way through Staffordshire to Market Drayton
- Trent and Mersey Canal - Follow the Trent and Mersey Canal through Derbyshire, Staffordshire and Cheshire on this long distance waterside walk
- Stoke on Trent Canal Walk - This waterside walk takes you along the Trent and Mersey Canal and the Calder Canal to Hanley Park in Stoke on Trent
- Trentham Gardens - This circular walk in Staffordshire takes you around the beautiful Trentham Gardens and Trentham Lake
- Westport Lake - Enjoy an easy circular walk around this pretty lake in Stoke-on-Trent.
- Maer Hills - This walk visits the Maer Hills near the village of Maer in Staffordshire.
Head to the Sneyd Arms for some post walk refreshment. They serve good quality home cooked food and have a nice cosy fire for colder days. You can find them at postcode ST5 5AD for your sat navs. They are also dog friendly if you have your canine friend with you.
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
Head a few miles north from the village and you will come to Apedale Country Park. The attractive park includes a series of well maintained footpaths taking you to open meadows, secluded woodland glades and silent pools.
For more walking ideas in the area see the Staffordshire Walks page.