Walk Around Llandudno
Enjoy wonderful coastal views on this circular walk around the popular North Wales town of Llandudno.
The walk visits the wonderful limestone headland of Great Orme and the lovely Conwy Sands. It's a special part of the country with wonderful geology, archaeology and wildlife.
Start the walk from Llandudno train station and head east towards the coast. Here you can enjoy a stroll along the promenade where you will pass the Grade II listed pier. The impressive 19th century structure is the longest pier in Wales at 2,295 feet (700 m).
You can then follow the coast path around the Great Orme headland with the option of exploring the myriad of trails within the country park. There's lots of pretty wildlflowers to see in the summer months. Also keep your eyes peeled for the Kashmiri goats grazing on the slopes of the headland.
On the western side of the town you can enjoy nice views over Conwy Bay and visit the sand dunes of Conwy Sands.
The walk uses a section of the North Wales Path long distance trail. You can extend your walking by continuing south to Conwy where you can enjoy a climb to Conwy Mountain. It's another lovely area with lots of pretty heather and wonderful views over the mountains of Snowdonia.
Heading east will take you to Great Orme's little brother - Little Orme.
Llandudno Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Llandudno Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Llandudno OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Llandudno Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Llandudno
- Llandudno to Conwy - This route takes you along a fine section of the North Wales Coast Path from Llandudno to Conwy
- North Wales Path - Explore hills, coast, valleys, mountains and the beautiful coast on this stunning walk through North Wales
- Great Orme Country Park - Explore this limestone headland in Llandudno and enjoy spectacular views of the North Wales coast
- Little Orme - Enjoy a lovely coastal walk around the headland of Little Orme on this route on Llandudno Bay
- Conwy Mountain - Enjoy fabulous views over Conwy Bay and the Welsh mountains on this climb to Conwy Mountain (Mynydd y Dref).
You can follow a section of the North Wales Path from the town up into the hills
- Deganwy Castle - This walk visits the historic Deganwy Castle in the town of Deganwy, Conwy
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
If you follow the North Wales Path south you could visit the interesting town of Deganwy. Here you'll find a south facing beach, a contemporary marina, an attractive quay and the ruins of the historic Deganwy Castle.