Llanfoist Canal Walk
This Monmouthshire based village is close to a major canal and the wonderful scenery of the Brecon Beacons National Park.
This walk from the village follows a section of the Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal south to the lovely Goytre Wharf.
The walk starts in the village and heads south to link up with the canal towpath at Llanfoist Wharf. Follow it south and it will take you past Llanellen and Upper Llanover before coming to the picturesque wharf. The area is one of the highlights on the canal with a good sized car park, boat hire, heritage centre and on site cafe.
Llanfoist Canal Walk Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Llanfoist Canal Walk Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Llanfoist Canal Walk OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Llanfoist Canal Walk Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Llanfoist
- Goytre Wharf - This circular walk from the Goytre Wharf takes you along a section of the Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal before exploring the countryside to the west of the wharf.
- Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal - Follow the Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal from Brecon to Newport on this super waterside walking and cycling route
- Abergavenny Castle Meadows and Linda Vista Gardens - This lovely circular walk takes you around the pretty meadows surrounding Abergavenny Castle
- Abergavenny Sugarloaf Walk - This epic circular walk takes you to the summit of Sugarloaf Mountain from the town of Abergavenny
- Gilwern - This walk from the little village of Gilwern takes you along a pleasant section of the Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal to neighbouring Llangattock
- Keepers Pond - This walk visits the delightful Keeper's Pond in Blaenavon.
- Blaenavon - This interesting town in Torfaen county is part of the Blaenavon Industrial Landscape, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
The village is located next to the popular town of Abergavenny where you can explore Abergavenny Castle Meadows and Linda Vista Gardens or try a more challenging climb on the Abergavenny Sugarloaf Walk.
The popular Blorenge Walk also starts nearby.
For more walking ideas in the area see the Brecon Beacons Walks page.