This walk explores the area around the small village of Longframlington in Northumberland.
The village is located close to the larger settlements of Rothbury and Morpeth.
Local walking highlights include the expansive Thrunton Woods and the wonderful Cragside Country Park where you'll find miles of trails through the gardens and parkland of the historic country estate.
This walk from the village takes you south to visit Brinkburn Priory on the River Coquet. The walk passes through Cockshot Wood before reaching the historic priory which dates from the 12th century.
The walk can be extended by heading east along the St Oswald's Way to visit neighbouring Felton. Here you can explore the historic Felton Park.
Longframlington Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Longframlington Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Longframlington OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Longframlington Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Longframlington
- Rothbury - Rothbury is located in the Northumberland National Park on the edge of the Simonside Hills
- Morpeth - Enjoy nice trails along the Wansbeck River in the historic market town of Morpeth in Northumberland
- Thrunton Woods - Enjoy miles of cycling and walking trails in this large area of woodland near Alnwick
- Cragside Country Park - This is a circular walk around the gardens of the beautiful Cragside Estate in Rothbury, Northumberland
- Simonside Hills - The Simonside Hills are a fabulous place for walkers with miles of footpaths taking you through woodland and moorland to wonderful viewpoints
- Fontburn Reservoir - This circular walk takes you around the lovely Fontburn Reservoir in Northumberland
- Alnwick - This attractive town in Northumberland is surrounded by lovely countryside and a number of large parks which are ideal for walkers
- Hartburn Glebe - Explore these pretty little woods in the village of Hartburn on this short walk in Northumberland
- St Oswald's Way - Explore the coastline, islands, river valleys, hills, villages, forests and farmland of Northumberland and follow in the footstepts of St
- Whittingham - This pretty rural village in Northumberland sits in a scenic spot on the River Aln.
- Felton - This picturesque Northumberland village has some lovely trails along the River Coquet in Felton Park.