This Kent based village has a number of local woods and parks to visit. The village itself includes a picturesque village green with a cricket pitch and restored windmill.
The wonderful scenery of the North Downs is also nearby opening up many walking possibilities.
This walk from the village takes you east to Camer Park and the neighbouring village of Luddesdown. You can follow public footpaths east from the village, past Meopham Court to the country park. There's a number of trails here to follow around the park's 40 acres of ancient parkland, grassland and woods. You can also pick up the long distance Wealdway here and follow it to the nearby village of Luddesdown. The pretty village includes some interesting buildings such as Luddesdown Court and a 13th century Grade II listed church.
PostcodeDA13 0PZ - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Meopham Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Meopham Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Meopham OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Meopham Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Meopham
- Camer Park - This is a short walk through Camer Country Park and into the surrounding countryside and woodland
- Wealdway - Follow the Wealdway from the River Thames at Gravesend to Eastbourne on the Sussex coast
- Shorne Woods Country Park - This park near Gravesend has 288 acres of rolling woodlands, wetlands and meadows that can be explored via a variety of waymarked trails, suitable for cyclists and walkers
- Jeskyns Park - Explore the woodlands, ponds, orchards and wildflower meadows in this country park near Gravesend
- Trosley Country Park - Enjoy magnificent views of the North Downs in 170 acres of beautiful woodland and chalk downland at Trosley Country Park.
- North Downs Way - This beautiful trail starts in Farnham, Surrey and heads east through the stunning North Downs to the historic city of Canterbury in Kent
- Cobham - This village in Kent has some fine walking trails to try
- Rochester - This lovely riverside walk takes you from Rochester to Aylesford along the River Medway
The King's Arms at Meopham Green is a good choice for some post walk refreshments. Inside there's a cosy interior with original beams and wood burners. They also have a nice garden area for warmer weather. You can find them on Wrotham Road overlooking the green at postcode DA13 0PZ for your sat navs.
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
Head south along the Wealdway and you could visit Trosley Country Park.
Near Luddesdown you can pick up the North Downs Way and follow it east to visit Rochester with its river trails and old castle.
To the north there's good cycling and walking trails around Shorne Woods Country Park and Cobham Park where there's an old deer park and a Roman Villa to see.
For more walking ideas in the area see the Kent Walks and the North Downs Walks pages.