Barton on Sea Walks
This Hampshire based coastal village has some lovely trails along a cliff top path and a geologically significant beach to visit. It's also part of the wider New Forest where there are numerous walking options.
This walk takes you along the coast path to neighbouring Milford Haven, just to the east. Along the way there's lovely views over Christchurch Bay to the Isle of Wight.
The walk starts on the eastern side of the village where you can pick up a coast footpath heading through the golf course. It's a nice cliff top trail taking you through Beckton Bunny to Hordle Cliff. A good surfaced path will then take you into Milford on Sea where there are good cafes and pubs for refreshment. The walk can be extended by picking up the Solent Way here and following it to Keyhaven Marshes and Hurst Castle Spit.
Barton on Sea Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Barton on Sea Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Barton on Sea OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Barton on Sea Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Barton on Sea
- Milford Haven - The town of Milford Haven is in an ideal location for exploring the wonderful Pembrokeshire Coast.
This walk heads west along the coast path to visit the Dale Peninsula and Marloes Sands
- Keyhaven Marshes - This coastal cycle or walk takes you from Lymington to Keyhaven through the beautiful Keyhaven and Pennington Marshes
- Hurst Castle Spit - Walk along this long shingle spit to one of Henry VIII's Device Forts on this lovely coastal walk in Hampshire
- Highcliffe Castle and Coast - Explore the grounds of this 19th century Gothic Revival house and enjoy a walk along the splendid Highcliffe coast and cliffs
- Christchurch Harbour - This fine circular walk takes you around the beautiful Christchurch Harbour in Dorset
- Solent Way - Follow the Solent Way along the beautiful south coast from Milford on Sea to Emsworth.
The route starts off at Milford on Sea and heads along the coastal marshes to Lymington with splendid views of the Isle of Wight
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
Head east along the coast path and you could visit Highcliffe Castle, the Steamer Point Nature Reserve and Christchurch Harbour.
For more walking ideas in the area see the Hampshire Walks and the New Forest Walks page.