Lymington Circular Walk
The Hampshire town of Lymington is in a great location for exploring the New Forest, the south coast and the Isle of Wight.
This circular walk explores the countryside to the east of the town using part of the Solent Way long distance footpath. The area is home to the Pylewell Estate where you'll pass lakes, beaches, woodland and attractive countryside with fine views to the Isle of Wight.
The route runs for just under 7 miles on a series of flat paths and country lanes.
Start the walk from Lymington Town train station and head north to cross the bridge over the Lymington River. You then head east past Walhampton before turning south along Shotts Lane. This will take you down to the foreshore at Pylewell where there's a footpath running along the coast on the southern edge of the estate. There's some lovely views as you pass along the beach to Tanners Lane where you turn north. The route then turns left past Pylewell Home Farm and the pretty cricket ground on the northern edge of the estate.
The final section retraces your steps, passing Walhampton Wood before returning to the train station.
Pylewell Park has occasional open days where you can explore the beautiful pleasure grounds which include grassy paths, lakes and a wonderful selection of flowers and plants.
To continue your walking in the Lymington area try following the Solent Way west to visit the splendid Keyhaven Marshes and the fascinating Hurst Castle.
Lymington Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Lymington Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Lymington OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Lymington Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Lymington
- Solent Way - Follow the Solent Way along the beautiful south coast from Milford on Sea to Emsworth.
The route starts off at Milford on Sea and heads along the coastal marshes to Lymington with splendid views of the Isle of Wight
- The Solent Way Walk Lymington - This walk in Lymington takes you from the town to Keyhaven Marshes and Hurst Castle using a section of the Solent Way
- Beaulieu River - Enjoy a waterside walk along the Beaulieu River in this easy walk in the New Forest
- Bournemouth Coast Path - This super walk takes you along the beautiful Dorset and Hampshire coastline from Swanage to Lymington
- Brockenhurst to Lymington Walk - Follow public footpaths and country lanes from the New Forest to the coast