Binley Woods Walks
This fairly modern suburban village is located close to Coventry and Rugby in the county of Warwickshire. For walkers there are a number of country parks, nature reserves and woodland areas within walking distance of the village.
This walk from Binley Woods visits two of the local walking highlights at Brandon Woods and Brandon Marsh Nature Reserve.
You can start the walk in the village centre and then head south east to the entrance to the woods. Follow the paths south and then west and you will come out of the woods near the railway crossing. Head south and then cross Brandon Lane and it will take you into the nature reserve. Here you'll find a series of lakes with lots of bird life to look out for.
To continue your walking around the village head north along the Warwickshire Centenary Way to Coombe Country Park. There's a lovely large lake with a waterside footpath to try here.
PostcodeCV3 2AY - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Binley Woods Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Binley Woods Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Binley Woods OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Binley Woods Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Binley Woods
- Brandon Marsh - This lovely nature reserve near Coventry has some nice footpaths taking you around a series of lakes and lagoons
- Brandon Woods - These woods near Coventry have a network of good footpaths to follow around the 178 acre site
- Rugby - This circular walk takes you around the Warwickshire town of Rugby, taking in the Oxford Canal and the Great Central Walk Nature Reserve.
Starting at the train station you head north east to pick up the canal
- Coventry Canal - Enjoy waterside cycling and walking along the 38 mile long Coventry Canal towpath
- Coventry - This long circular walk uses a mixture of waymarked footpaths and minor roads to take you to some of the highlights of the city
- Coombe Country Park - Explore 500 acres of beautiful gardens, sculptures, woodland and lakes in this country park near Coventry
- Coventry Way - This walk circles the countryside around Coventry taking you through some fine Warwickshire countryside and a series of interesting villages.
The walk starts at Meriden and heads towards Kenilworth with its impressive castle - described by architectural historian Anthony Emery as the 'finest surviving example of a semi-royal palace of the later middle ages, significant for its scale, form and quality of workmanship'
- Hampton in Arden -
- Baddesley Clinton - Enjoy a circular walk through the delightful grounds surrounding this moated manor house near Warwick
- Leek Wootton - This Warwickshire village is located near Warwick,Kenilworth and Leamington Spa.
- Ryton Pools Country Park - Enjoy a cycle or walk around this lovely park in Ryton, Warwickshire
- Stoneleigh Abbey -
Head to The Roseycombe for some post walk refreshment in the village. The pub serves good quality home cooked food and includes car parking and a large rear garden. You can find them at postcode CV3 2AY for your sat navs.
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
Head just a couple of miles south and you could visit Ryton Pools Country Park. There's some fine cycling and walking trails to follow around the park's four tranquil pools and woodland.
For more walking ideas in the area see the Warwickshire Walks page.