This varied circular walk from the town takes you to several of the highlights of the area including the delightful quay at West Bay, Bothenhampton Hill, the River Brit and the River Asker. It runs for just over 4 miles on mostly flat paths, with some moderate climbs into the countryside on the return leg.
The walk starts in the town centre where you can pick up the Monarch's Way long distance footpath. Following it south takes you along the River Brit to West Bay. There's a lovely harbour here with lots of pretty boats and a nice beach.
At the harbour you can cross the river and head north towards the village of Bothenhampton. Here you'll pass through a nature reserve before climbing Bothenhampton Hill. From here you follow other country paths north west to the River Asker which has some nice waterside trails.
To extend your walking in the Bridport area you could pick up the coastal path along the wonderful Jurassic Coast on the West Bay to Seatown Walk. You can also try the Circular Walk from West Bay which takes you to the village of Burton Bradstock along the splendid golden sandstone cliffs.
The town is also located close to the wonderful Golden Cap Estate which is one of the major highlights of the area.
Bridport Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Bridport Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Bridport OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Bridport Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Bridport
- West Bay to Seatown - A lovely section of the Jurassic Coast between the Dorset villages of West Bay and Seatown
- Circular Walk from West Bay Dorset - Enjoy some splendid coastal views on this walk from the village of West Bay in Dorset
- Eggardon Hill - Climb to this Iron Age hill fort and enjoy wonderful views over Marshwood Vale on this hilltop walk near Bridport.
The walk starts from the roadside parking area shown on the google street view link below
- Golden Cap Estate - Enjoy miles of beautiful woodland, countryside and coastal walking trails in this stunning section of the Dorset AONB. The Golden Cap Estate is located between Bridport and Charmouth on the Dorset coast
- Colmers Hill - Enjoy a climb to Colmers Hill and enjoy wonderful views over the Dorset countryside and coast
- Burton Bradstock - There are a number of lovely coastal walking trails around this pretty National Trust run estate in Dorset.The estate is part of the Jurassic Coast and includes cliff-top trails along Burton cliff and the popular shingle Hive beach
- Lamberts Castle to Coneys Castle - Enjoy wonderful views over Dorset's beautiful Marshwood Vale on this circular walk near Bridport
- Symondsbury - This pretty village lies just to the west of the town of Bridport in Dorset
- Shipton Gorge - This small village is located just east of Bridport in the county of Dorset
- Powerstock Common - This pretty nature reserve is located close to the town of Bridport in Dorset
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
Just to the west there's the climb to Colmers Hill from the picturesque village of Symondsbury. The historic village includes an ancient church and a noteworthy 15th century, thatched pub.
Just a couple of miles to the east there's Shipton Gorge where you can enjoy a climb to Shipton Hill and visit the splendid 15th century church of St Martin.