Chipping Lancashire Walks
This attractive Lancashire village is located in a lovely position in the Forest of Bowland. This walk from the village picks up the long distance Hodder Way and follows it up to the delightful Dunsop Bridge which is the gateway to the popular Trough of Bowland. It's about a 10 mile hike up to the Trough from the village but you have the option of catching a bus part of the way back to save your legs!
Starting in the village you head east to the River Hodder at Doeford Bridge. Cross the river and head north and it will take you past the splendid Inn at Whitewell before coming to Dunsop Bridge. The pretty village lies very close to the geographic centre of Great Britain at the confluence of the River Dunsop and the River Hodder. Head west and it will take you along the Langdon Brook to one of the most scenic areas of the AONB at the Trough of Bowland.
Also near the village is the climb to Parlick and Fair Snape Fell which provides fabulous views over the area. There's also the Forest of Bowland Walk and nice waterside trails around Stocks Reservoir.
Beacon Fell Country Park and Longridge Fell are also reachable from the village.
Chipping Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Chipping Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Chipping OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Chipping Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Chipping
- Dunsop Bridge - A challenging circular walk around the village of Dunsop Bridge in the Forest of Bowland
- Parlick and Fair Snape Fell - This walk from Parlick Fell to Fair Snape Fell is considered one of the loveliest in the Forest of Bowland
- Trough of Bowland - Enjoy rivers, brooks, woodland and beautiful countryside on this circular walk in the Forest of Bowland AONB
- Hodder Way - Follow the River Hodder on this stunning waterside walk through the beautiful Forest of Bowland.
The walk begins at Great Mitton and heads north through Whitewell, Newton and Slaidburn before a wonderful section around Stocks Reservoir finishes the route
- Forest of Bowland Walk - A circular walk around the Forest of Bowland AONB in Lancashire
- Stocks Reservoir - Enjoy a waterside walk around this lovely reservoir in the Forest of Bowland
- Beacon Fell Country Park - Explore 271 acres of woodland, moorland and farmland in the Forest of Bowland AONB
- Longridge Fell - Enjoy a walk to the summit of England's most southerley fell on this wonderful walk in the Forest of Bowland