East Marton Canal Walk
This circular walk from the Yorkshire village of East Marton takes you along the Leeds and Liverpool Canal to neighbouring Gargrave before returning to the village along a section of the Pennine Way.
The walk starts in the village and follows the towpath north to Newton Locks Bank and Bank Newton. You pass a weir and aqueduct around Priest Holme Bridge before coming to Scarland Lock on the outskirts of Gargrave. Here you can pick up the Pennine Way and follow the waymarked footpath south west past Scaleber Hill, Netcliffe Hill and Williamson Bridge before returning to East Marton.
East Marton Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
East Marton Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
East Marton OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
East Marton Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near East Marton
- Gargrave - This circular walk explores the countryside and canals surrounding this popular village in the Yorkshire Dales
- Leeds and Liverpool Canal - Enjoy waterside cycling and walking along Britain's longest single canal
- Pennine Way - This fabulous 268 mile path takes you through three of England's finest national parks
- Barnoldswick Canal Walk - Enjoy an easy waterside walk along the towpath of the Leeds and Liverpool Canal on this route in Lancashire and Yorkshire
- Skipton Canal - This is a popular walk from Skipton to Gargrave along the Leeds and Liverpool Canal
- Foulridge Reservoir - This easy, circular walk takes you around the pretty Foulridge Reservoir in Colne
- Weets Hill - This circular walk climbs to Weets Hill from Barnoldswick near the edge of the Forest of Bowland AONB