This circular walk explores the countryside and canals surrounding this popular village in the Yorkshire Dales. The route makes use of the Pennine Way and the towpath of the Leeds and Liverpool Canal to create a 6 mile round walk. It's a fairly gentle route with little climbing and splendid views of the surrounding Yorkshire Dales hills. You can start and end the walk from the centre of the village which is accessible by train or bus.
The area around Gargrave is fantastic for walking and cycling. You could head to Barnoldswick by heading south along the canal or visit the splendid Malham Tarn Estate by heading north along the Pennine Way.
You can also enjoy walk along the River Aire by following the Airedale Way which passes through the village.
On our Skipton Canal Walk you can follow a lovely section of the Leeds and Liverpool to nearby Skipton.
Gargrave Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Gargrave Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Gargrave OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Gargrave Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Gargrave
- Malham Tarn Estate - This beautiful spot in the Yorkshire Dales is perfect for a safe cycle or walk
- Leeds and Liverpool Canal - Enjoy waterside cycling and walking along Britain's longest single canal
- Pennine Way - This fabulous 268 mile path takes you through three of England's finest national parks
- Barnoldswick Canal Walk - Enjoy an easy waterside walk along the towpath of the Leeds and Liverpool Canal on this route in Lancashire and Yorkshire
- Skipton Canal - This is a popular walk from Skipton to Gargrave along the Leeds and Liverpool Canal
- Foulridge Reservoir - This easy, circular walk takes you around the pretty Foulridge Reservoir in Colne
- Weets Hill - This circular walk climbs to Weets Hill from Barnoldswick near the edge of the Forest of Bowland AONB
- East Marton - This circular walk from the Yorkshire village of East Marton takes you along the Leeds and Liverpool Canal to neighbouring Gargrave before returning to the village along a section of the Pennine Way.
- Long Preston - This attractive village is located in the Craven district of North Yorkshire
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
For more walking ideas in the area see the Yorkshire Dales Walks page.