Walks in Falkirk
This large town is located in the River Forth Valley in the Central Lowlands of Scotland.
There's some fine waterside walks along the Forth and Clyde Canal including the popular Falkirk Wheel to Kelpies Walk which visits two of the highlights of the area. There's also some excellent local country parks to explore including Beecraigs Country Park and Muiravonside Country Park.
This walk from the town takes you along a section of the John Muir Way to the nearby Callendar Park. The historic 14th century house is surrounded by 100s of acres of woodland and parkland trails. There's also a section of the Roman Antonine Wall which is classed as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
The walk starts on the canal next to the Falkirk Wheel and follows the John Muir Way east for about 4 miles to reach the house and park.
Falkirk Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Falkirk Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Falkirk OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Falkirk Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Falkirk
- Falkirk Wheel to Kelpies Walk - This walk visits two of the major highlights on the Forth and Clyde Canal in central Scotland
- Callendar Park - This wonderful French chateau styled house sits just to the east of Falkirk in the Central Lowlands of Scotland.
- Forth and Clyde Canal - Follow the towpath of the Forth and Clyde Canal from Bowling to Falkirk on this super cycling and walking route
- Beecraigs Country Park - Enjoy a peaceful cycle or walk around this beautiful country park in Linlithgow, West Lothian
- Muiravonside Country Park - Explore 170 acres of woodland and parkland in this park near Grangemouth
- Linlithgow Loch - Enjoy an easy waterside stroll around Linlithgow Loch
- Union Canal - Follow the Union Canal towpath from Falkirk to Edinburgh on this super, waterside cycling and walking route
- Plean Country Park - Enjoy peaceful walking and cycling trails in this large country park in Stirling
- Palacerigg Country Park - Enjoy miles of walking and cycling trails through this large country park in Cumbernauld
- Blackness Castle - This circular walk explores the dramatic Blackness Castle on the Firth of Forth in Linlithgow.
- Banton Loch - This walk visits Banton Loch on the lovely Colzium Estate near Kilsyth
- Carron Valley Reservoir - Enjoy a lovely woodland trail along Carron Valley Reservoir on this easy walk near Stirling