This rural Nottinghamshire village has some pleasant riverside and and countryside trails to try. It's a very appealing place with a waterfront home to several million-pound properties and a fine riverside pub for post walk refreshment.
This circular walk from the village takes you along the River Trent to Hazelford before following country trails to the neighbouring villages of Bleasby and Morton.
The walk starts in the village where you can pick up the Trent Valley Way and follow the waymarked footpath south to Hazelford Ferry where there's a pretty lock and weir. From here you can follow a pleasant country lane north west to visit Bleasby.
The route then follows a mixture of country lanes and footpaths north east to Fiskerton Lodge and Grange before coming to Morton. From here it is a short stroll back into Fiskerton.
You could extend the walk by continuing south west along the Trent towards Nottingham. The trail will take you past the settlements of Gunthorpe, Shelford and Radcliffe on Trent where you can try the popular cliff walk.
PostcodeNG25 0UL - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Fiskerton Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Fiskerton Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Fiskerton OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Fiskerton Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Fiskerton
- Trent Valley Way - Follow the River Trent from Long Eaton in Derbyshire to West Stockwith in Nottinghamshire on this lovely waterside walk
- Southwell Trail - This traffic free cycling and walking trail links Southwell to Bilsthorpe in the Sherwood Forest area of Nottinghamshire
- Sherwood Forest Country Park - Explore 450 acres of peaceful woodland in this famous park and Nature Reserve in Nottinghamshire
- Sherwood Pines Forest Park - Enjoy several waymarked cycling and walking trails in this large woodland area in Mansfield
- Rufford Country Park - Visit Rufford Country Park near Mansfield and explore 150 acres of historic parkland
- Radcliffe on Trent - This village near Nottingham has some fine riverside trails and two fine local country parks to visit.
- Shelford - This attractive Nottinghamshire village has some nice river and country trails to try
- Holme Pierrepont Country Park - Enjoy a waterside walk or cycle in this splendid 270 acre country park in Nottingham
- Colwick Country Park - Enjoy several miles of lovely, waterside walking and cycling in this country park in Nottingham
- Lambley Dumbles - This walk explores the delightful Lambley Dumbles in Nottinghamshire
- Newark River Walk - Enjoy a short stroll around the riverside park in Newark on Trent on this easy walk in Nottinghamshire
- Gunthorpe - This village near Nottingham is a popular place for riverside strolls
- Gedling Country Park - Enjoy a series of well laid out cycling and walking trails in this 240 acre country park in Nottingham
- Robin Hood Way - Follow in the footsteps of this legendary figure on this super walk through Sherwood Forest and the Nottinghamshire countryside
The Bromley Arms is located in a fine spot next to the river. The pub is named after Lord Bromley, of East Stoke Hall on the other side of the river, who liked to hunt on this side. They serve fine food which you can enjoy on the lovely riverside terrace with bistro furniture and patio heaters. There's fine views over the river from here. You can find them at postcode NG25 0UL for your sat navs.
The river and country trails make for a fine dog walk and the Bromley Arms mentioned above is also dog friendly.
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
Head north into nearby Southwell and you can pick up the Southwell Trail. This shared cycling and walking trail links Southwell to Bilsthorpe using a disused railway line.
For more walking ideas in the area see the Nottinghamshire Walks page.