Frampton Mansell Walks
This little village has some nice trails to try through the Frome Valley and up into the Cotswold Hills.
This walk takes you along the river and the Thames and Severn Canal to the nearby village of Sapperton. It's about a 2 mile walk along a nice flat waterside path. Surrounding the canal are various woods including Sapperton Wood and Frampton Wood. There are miles of public footpaths here which you could take a detour to explore.
You can extend your walking around the village by trying the longer Sapperton Circular Walk. This runs close to the Source of the Thames near Kemble.
Part of this route also uses the Cotswold Canals long distance footpath. You could continue west along the waterside trail to Chalford and the Toadsmoor Valley.
Frampton Mansell Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Frampton Mansell Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Frampton Mansell OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Frampton Mansell Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Frampton Mansell
- Sapperton Circular Walk - The Cotswolds village of Sapperton has some good trails to follow through the extensive local woodland and attractive Cotswolds countryside
- Source of the Thames - This walk takes you from the village of Kemble to the source of the River Thames at Thames Head, in Gloucestershire
- Cotswold Canals - Follow a series of delightful waterways from Framilode to Lechlade on this waterside walk through Gloucestershire.
The walk starts at Framilode, next to the River Severn and follows the Stroudwater Canal and the River Frome to the market town of Stroud
- Macmillan Way - This long distance path links Boston in Lincolnshire to Abbotsbury in Dorset
- Thames Path - Starting at the Source of the Thames at Thames Head in Gloucestershire, follow the iconic river through beautiful countryside and historic towns to the city of London.
The path runs for 184 miles running alongside the river for nearly the whole route making for a glorious experience whatever time of year
- Chalford and the Toadsmoor Valley - Enjoy a walk along the Thames and Severn Canal before exploring the woodland of the Toadsmoor Valley on this walk from Chalford