Knockholt Circular Walk
This route from Knockholt Pound uses sections of the North Downs Way and the Pilgrims Way to create a circular walk through the area. There's fine views from the elevated position of the area and you'll also pass the noteworthy Chevening House on the route.
The walk starts in Knockholt Pound and heads south past Lees Wood to link up with the ancient Pilgrims Way trail at Morants Court Farm. You then head west past Chevening House and Hagbush Wood before coming to Hogtrough Hill. The Grade I listed house was built between 1617 and 1630 to a design reputedly by Inigo Jones. It is often inhabited by a prominent member of ruling government and sometimes by the prime minister.
At Hogtrough Hill you turn north to link up with a country lane to take you to the North Downs Way. The waymarked footpath will take you north east to Knockholt village. After exploring the village you return to the trail and continue east through a woodland area to return to Knockholt Pound.
Knockholt Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Knockholt Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Knockholt OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Knockholt Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Knockholt
- Sevenoaks Circular Walk - This circular walk around the Kent town of Sevenoaks visits some of the highlights of the area
- Sevenoaks - The popular Kent town of Sevenoaks is surrounded by beautiful parks, gardens, woodland and several long distance walking trails.
This is a nice walk from the centre of Sevenoaks, visiting the Sevenoaks Wildlife Reserve and Chipstead Lake using the Darent Valley Path and North Downs Way long distance trails.
The walk starts from the train station where you can directly pick up the Darent Valley Path
- Sevenoaks Wildlife Reserve - Follow a series of well laid out footpaths around this lovely nature reserve on this short walk in Sevenoaks
- Otford Circular Walk - A popular circular walk from the Kent village of Otford, visiting the River Darent, Shoreham, Great Wood and the Otford Mount viewpoint
- Knole Park - A circular walk around the delightful deer park at Knole in Sevenoaks
- Cudham Circular Walk - This circular walk takes you through the woodland and farmland around Cudham and Downe in Bromley
- Halstead - This Essex based town has some nice trails through the Colne Valley to try.
- Lullingstone Country Park - Explore 460 acres of parkland in this large open space in the Darenth Valley of Kent
- Shoreham to Eynsford Walk - This walk follows a lovely section of the Darent Valley Path from Shoreham to Eynsford in Kent
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
To the east there's the popular town of Sevenoaks where you can pick up the Sevenoaks Circular Walk and visit the lovely Sevenoaks Wildlife Reserve and the deer at Knole Park.
The Otford Circular Walk is another good option in the area.
For more walking ideas in the area see the North Downs Walks and the Kent Walks pages.