The popular Kent town of Sevenoaks is surrounded by beautiful parks, gardens, woodland and several long distance walking trails.
This is a nice walk from the centre of Sevenoaks, visiting the Sevenoaks Wildlife Reserve and Chipstead Lake using the Darent Valley Path and North Downs Way long distance trails.
The walk starts from the train station where you can directly pick up the Darent Valley Path. If you follow the trail south east for about a mile you can visit the wonderful Knole Park with its woodland, deer, dry heathland, acid grassland and wood pasture. This walk heads north west and visits the Sevenoaks Wildlife Reserve where there's several lakes and lots of different birds to look out for. After passing the reserve you pick up a section of the North Downs Way which you could follow to the nearby village of Otford. This route heads south west before finishing at the pretty Chipstead Lake.
Sevenoaks Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Sevenoaks Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Sevenoaks OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Sevenoaks Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Other Walks around Sevenoaks
- Chartwell House - Explore the family home and garden of Sir Winston Churchill on this short walk in Westerham, Kent
- Riverhill Himalayan Gardens - Enjoy an easy stroll around these beautiful gardens on this short walk near Sevenoaks
- Chipstead Lake - Enjoy a walk along this pretty lake in Sevenoaks
- Knole Park - A circular walk around the delightful deer park at Knole in Sevenoaks
- Sevenoaks Wildlife Reserve - Follow a series of well laid out footpaths around this lovely nature reserve on this short walk in Sevenoaks
- Darent Valley Path - Travel through the Kent Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and along the Darent River on this beautiful walk.
You start off near Sevenoaks Railway Station and head north through the delightful tranquility of the Sevenoaks Wildfowl Reserve
- North Downs Way - This beautiful trail starts in Farnham, Surrey and heads east through the stunning North Downs to the historic city of Canterbury in Kent
- Igtham Mote - Enjoy a peaceful stroll in the woodland, gardens and parkland surrounding this medieval moated manor house near Sevenoaks in Kent
- Emmetts Garden - This 19th century garden near Sevenoaks contains many exotic trees and shrubs from around the world
- Toys Hill - Visit the highest point on the Kent Downs on this circular walk in Sevenoaks
- Oldbury Hill - Enjoy a series of walking paths around this Iron Age Hillfort near Sevenoaks