Lowsonford Canal Walk
This Warwickshire based village is located in a pleasant rural spot on the Stratford Upon Avon Canal. Lowsonford is known for its fine canalside pub and a series of locks along an attractive part of the canal.
This circular walk from the village takes you along both the Stratford Canal and the Grand Union Canal Walk which runs just to the east of the settlement. The route first takes you north to Kingswood, passing a number of pretty locks on the way. Near here you could take a detour from the route to visit the historic Baddesley Clinton with its fine moated manor House.
At Kingswood you can join with the Grand Union Canal and follow it south towards Turner's Green and Rowington. At this point you can pick up the Heart of England Way long distance footpath and follow it west to return to Lowsonford.
The Henley in Arden Circular Walk passes the village. You could pick up the trail to visit the historic town with its medieval timber walled buildings on a splendid High Street.
PostcodeB95 5HJ - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Lowsonford Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Lowsonford Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Lowsonford OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Lowsonford Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Lowsonford
- Henley in Arden Circular Walk - This circular walk explores the villages, rivers, canals and countryside surrounding the charming town of Henley in Arden in Warwickshire
- Packwood House - This tudor house in Lapworth has nice footpaths to follow through the grounds and surrounding countryside
- Baddesley Clinton - Enjoy a circular walk through the delightful grounds surrounding this moated manor house near Warwick
- Hay Wood - This circular walk explores the pretty Hay Wood near Warwick in Warwickshire.
- Stratford Upon Avon Canal - Enjoy waterside cycling and walking on this 26 mile canal which runs from Stratford Upon Avon to Birmingham
- Earlswood Lakes - Enjoy a stroll along these three reservoirs and into the adjacent woodland on this lovely walk in Solihull
- Coughton Court - Explore the beautiful gardens of the Tudor Coughton Court, before a lovely waterside stroll along the River Arden on this walking route in Warwickshire
- Tanworth-in-Arden - This pretty Warwickshire based village is located near Earlswood and Redditch.
- Edstone Aqueduct - This circular walk visits the Edstone Aqueduct on the Stratford Upon Avon Canal in Warwickshire
- Claverdon - This attractive Warwickshire based village lies just to the east of Henley in Arden.
- Studley Castle - This walk visits the 19th century Studley Castle in Warwickshire
- Arden Way - This circular walk takes you on a tour of the beautiful Forest of Arden in Warwickshire
- Warwickshire Millennium Way - Follow the Millennium Way through the Warwickshire, Worcestershire and Northamptonshire countryside from Pershore to Middleton Cheney
The Fleur De Lys is well known for its quality pies and its delightful canalside garden. It's a great spot to relax and enjoy refreshments after your walk. The pub has some history too, dating back to the 16th century with a charming old interior which includes wooden beams, a real fire and quirky corners. You can find them on Lapworth Street with postcode B95 5HJ for your sat navs. They have a car park and are also dog friendly.