This old lead mining village is located in Denbighshire near the Clwydian Range and the border with Flintshire.
This circular walk from the village visits some of the highlights of the local area including Loggerheads Country Park, Moel Famau Country Park and Foel Fenlli. It uses sections of the epic Clwydian Way and Offa's Dyke Path to create the challenging circular route.
The walk starts in the village where you can directly pick up the Clwydian Way. Follow the waymarked trail north and it will take you to Loggerheads Country Park. The park is a lovely place for a walk with dramatic limestone cliffs, wooded gorges and river views to enjoy.
The route continues north and then turns west to Cilcain before turning south to climb to the splendid viewpoint at Moel Famau and the Jubilee Tower. Here you pick up the Offa's Dyke Path and follow it south to Bwlch Pebarra and the ancient fort at Foel Fenlli.
The route continues east, passing Fron Hen and Lanferres before returning to the village.
For more information on the village's history and landmarks see the helpful wikipedia page.
PostcodeCH7 5LR' - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Maeshafn Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Maeshafn Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Maeshafn OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Maeshafn Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Maeshafn
- Mold - This historic market town in Flintshire has some interesting old buildings, a fine 15th century church and views of the hearby Clwydian Range
- Loggerheads Country Park - Explore the beautiful Clwydian Range and Dee Valley in this stunning country park in Mold
- Moel Famau Country Park - Climb to the top of Moel Famau mountain on this circular walk through the stunning Moel Famau Country Park
- Ruthin Castle - Enjoy a stroll around the grounds of this medieval castle in the town of Ruthin, North Wales
- Foel Fenlli - This circular walk climbs to the hill fort at Foel Fenli in the Clwydian Range of mountains
- Clwydian Way - Explore the Clwydian Range of mountains on this circular walk through north east Wales
- Offa's Dyke Path - This incredible 177 mile trail starts on the River Severn Estuary in Gloucestershire in England before taking you over the border into Wales and on through some truly splendid mountainous scenery
- Cilcain - This Welsh village in the Clwydian mountain range is a popular place for walkers
- Llanferres - This village is located in Denbighshire and is a great place for exploring the Clwydian Range on foot.
- Llanarmon-yn-Ial - This Denbighshire based village is located just south of Mold in the limestone valley of the River Alyn.
The Miners Arms can be found at Village Rd, CH7 5LR. They have a good menu and selection of drinks.
Head to neighbouring Llanferres and there's the historic Druid Inn to investigate.
The country trails make for a fine dog walk and the Miners Arms mentioned above is also dog friendly.
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
For more walking ideas in the area see the Clwydian Range Walks page.