This Wirral based town is a great place for riverside walks and wildlife. There's also a stunning local botanical gardens where you can enjoy some peaceful footpaths in glorious surroundings.
This walk takes you along the riverside path along the River Dee, passing through the Dee Marshes. The route runs for just over 2 miles heading south through Little Neston to Denhall. Here you can turn inland to visit the splendid Ness Botanical Gardens. There's 64 acres of beautiful gardens with show gardens, Victorian-style potager, Alpine house and cafe to see here.
To continue your walking in the area head west to neighbouring Parkgate and pick up the Parkgate Circular Walk. The area is great for bird watching with numerous types of wildfowl and waders to look out for.
Neston Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Neston Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Neston OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Neston Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Neston
- Parkgate Circular Walk - This fine circular walk explores the village of Parkgate on the River Dee estuary
- Wirral Country Park - Enjoy fabulous views of the Wirral Peninsula in this delightful coastal country park
- Wirral Way - This is a terrific walk or cycle ride that runs along a pleasant traffic free path through the Wirral Countryside and along the coastal estuary of the River Dee
- Wirral Circular Trail - Explore the beautiful Wirral Peninsula on this circular cycling and walking trail
- Heswall Dales - This town on the Wirral is a great place for walkers with fine coastal trails and a lovely local nature reserve.
- Thurstaston Common and Coast - This walk explores Thurstaston Common before heading to Wirral Country Park on the coast
- Royden Park - Enjoy a peaceful stroll through Royden Park and Thurstaston Common on this lovely walk in the Wirral
- West Kirby - This coastal walk on the Wirral Peninsula takes you from the town of West Kirby to Wirral Country Park and Thurstaston Common
- Birkenhead Park - This large town in Merseyside is located on the Wirral Peninsula, along the west bank of the River Mersey, opposite the city of Liverpool
- Caldy Hill - Explore 250 acres of woodland and heathland on this lovely walk on the Wirral Peninsula
- Hilbre Island - Visit this beautiful island and nature reserve off the coast of West Kirby and enjoy some fabulous coastal scenery