Redruth Walks - Near and Around
This Cornish town has some nice walking trails exploring the settlement's rich mining history. There's also some local hill climbs where you can enjoy views towards the nearby coast.
This circular walk from the town climbs to the hill fort at Carn Brea before picking up the Great Flat Lode Trail and exploring the mining heritage of the area.
The route starts at Redruth train station and follows roads west to Carn Brea village. From here you can climb to the hill fort at Carn Brea and enjoy wonderful views over the surrounding area to the coast. There's also an historic castle with a fine restaraunt.
The route then heads west towards Camborne, passing the Tramways centre before turning south to Carn Arthen and Carn Entral. The trail takes you through Higher Condurrow to the disused Greenville Mines. Here you turn north east to Newton Moor, Treskillard and Carnkie before turning north to return to the town.
Redruth Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Redruth Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Redruth OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Redruth Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Redruth
- Carn Brea - This walk explores the ancient Carn Brea hill fort and the Bassett Monument above Redruth in Cornwall.
- Stithians Lake - Enjoy waterside cycling and walking in this country park near Redruth in Cornwall
- Great Flat Lode Trail - This is a short, circular off road walk or cycle that circles the historic hilltop site of Carn Brea
- Kennall Vale - This nature reserve near Falmouth has a series of walking trails to follow
- Truro - Truro is notable as Cornwall's only city and mainland Britain's southernmost city
- Tehidy Country Park - Explore 250 acres of peaceful woods and lakes at Tehidy, near Portreath, in Cornwall
- Mineral Tramways Trail - This is a fabulous, largely traffic free ride or walk, from Portreath to Devoran
- Portreath - This north Cornish fishing village has a pretty harbour and two popular sandy beaches
- Hayle Estuary - Enjoy a walk or cycle around the beautiful Hayle Estuary RSPB reserve in Cornwall
- Carn Marth - This circular walk visits the Carn Marth outdoor theatre and the surrounding quarries in the Redruth area of Cornwall.
For some really delicious fish and chips head to Greg & Lou's. You can find them ay 9 Higher Fore Street with a postcode of TR15 2AJ for your sat navs.
For a great pub atmosphere head to the Miners Arms. They have an outdoor area and a good selection of drinks. You can find them at 20 Plain-An-Gwarry, TR15 1JB.
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
On the south eastern outskirts of the town you'll find the splendid Carn Marth. The hill is a fine place to explore with another excellent viewpoint, a pretty quarry lake and an outdoor ampitheatre which runs performances during summer.
For more walking ideas in the area see the Cornwall Walks page.