Sandridge Walk - Jersey Farm Woodland Park
This pretty village in Hertfordshire sits in a lovely spot in the centre of the Heartwood Forest. As such there are lots of peaceful woodland trails you can easily access from the village.
This walk from Sandridge takes you to the nearby Jersey Farm Woodland Park. The walk starts from the village centre and heads south east to Jersey Lane. Follow the lane south and it will take you into the woodland park where you'll find a number of pleasant footpaths. It's a lovely place for a stroll with a wide variety of flora and fauna to see. The skylark is a popular visitor and you can also see several species of butterfly fluttering around the wildflowers during the warmer months of the year.
The village is located close to both Wheathampstead and St Albans where you could pick up the Ver-Colne Valley Walk and enjoy a waterside stroll along the River Ver to the historic Verulamium Park.
PostcodeAL4 9DL - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Sandridge Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Sandridge Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Sandridge OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Sandridge Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Sandridge
- Heartwood Forest - This large forest near St Albans has some fine cycling and walking trails to try
- St Albans - Enjoy a nice circular walk around the centre of St Albans, visiting Verulamium Park, the Watercress Wildlife Site and the River Ver.
The walk starts from Abbey Rail Station and follows footpaths west through the park to the lake
- Ayot Greenway - Follow this disused railway line from Wheathampstead to Welwyn Garden City on this easy cycle or walk in Hertfordshire
- Cole Green Way - Travel from Welwyn Garden City to Hertford along a disused railway line on this easy cycle or walk in Hertfordshire
- Lea Valley Walk - A super walk with a series of delightful waterside sections along the River Lea
- Wheathampstead - This pretty Hertfordshire village near St Albans has some nice trails to follow around the area's rivers, woodland and countryside
- Verulamium Park - Explore over 100 acres of beautiful parkland and gardens on this short walk in St Albans
- Welwyn Garden City - This circular walk around Welwyn Garden City uses some of the town's waymarked trails to take you to some of the highlights of the area
- Brocket Hall - This circular walk takes you along the public footpaths surrounding Brocket Hall in Welwyn Garden City in Hertfordshire
The historic Queen's Head is a nice place for some post walk refreshment. The pub dates back over 400 years and serves good home cooked food. There's also a nice garden where you can relax outside in one of the gazebos. You can find them on the High Street at postcode AL4 9DA for your sat navs.
The woodland around the village is ideal for dog walking. The Rose and Crown mentioned above is also dog friendly.