This walk takes you along the Lagoon Walk and then around the boating lake in the popular coastal town of Skegness. It's a pretty area with good sea views and easy footpaths suitable for all abilities. The walk runs for about 2 miles so it will probably take around 45 minutes at a gentle pace.
There's a public car park right next to the lagoon walk on the sea front. The route is also just a short hop from the train station.
To extend the walk head a short way north of the lake and enjoy a stroll along the pier. If you head south you can explore the sand dunes and visit the lovely Gibraltar Point. The National Nature Reserve includes numerous footpaths to follow through the sand, saltmarsh and dunes with several artificial lakes and bird hides along the way. It's one of the highlights of the area and another great place for a walk on this stretch of coast.
Skegness Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Skegness Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Skegness OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Skegness Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Skegness
- Gibraltar Point - Enjoy a walk around this beautiful coastal nature reserve near Skegness
- Lindsey Trail - This new bridleway runs through the Lincolnshire Wolds AONB and is suitable for both walkers and cyclists with a hybrid or mountain bike
- Snipe Dales Country Park - Explore 220 acres of country park and nature reserve in the beautiful Lincolnshire Wolds
- Horncastle - This walk takes you along the old Horncastle Canal and the River Bain from the town centre of this Lincolnshire town.
- Hubbard's Hills - This area of natural beauty in Louth is a lovely place for an afternoon stroll
- Louth Canal - Enjoy a waterside walk along the Louth Canal from Louth to Tetney Marshes
- Alford - This small market town is located in a lovely spot on the edge of the Lincolnshire Wolds AONB
- Mablethorpe - This seaside town in Lincolnshire has some lovely walks with sand dunes, a fine beach and attractive coastal gardens to explore.
- Sutton on Sea - This coastal village in Lincolnshire has some fine blue flag beaches to explore
- Hagworthingham - This small Lincolnshire village is located in the East Lindsey district near Horncastle
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
About 11 miles inland you can visit the noteworthy town of Alford. The historic market town includes the splendid Alford Manor House, a 13th century church and the five sailed Alford Windmill.
If you head north along the coast you can visit Chapel St Leonards, Sutton on Sea and Mablethorpe. This pleasant town has a lovely promenade and some attractive coastal gardens to visit.
For more walking ideas in the area see the Lincolnshire Walks page.