This small Lincolnshire village is located in the East Lindsey district near Horncastle. There's some lovey Lincolnshire Wolds countryside, a fine local country park and a significant battlefield site to visit nearby.
This walk from the village visits Snipe Dales Country Park and the neighbouring village of Winceby.
You can follow footpaths south west to Snipe Dales where you'll find a series of footpaths taking you around the peaceful woodland and picturesque streams. It's also classed as a nature reserve so keep your eyes peeled for a variety of wildlife in this area.
Continue south west and you will soon come to Winceby village. Here you can pay a visit to the site of Winceby battle which took place during the civil war in 1643. See the photos belowed for more details on the history of this conflict.
The walk can be extended by continuing south west to Hameringham.
PostcodePE23 4NA - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Hagworthingham Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Hagworthingham Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Hagworthingham OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Hagworthingham Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Hagworthingham
- Snipe Dales Country Park - Explore 220 acres of country park and nature reserve in the beautiful Lincolnshire Wolds
- Horncastle - This walk takes you along the old Horncastle Canal and the River Bain from the town centre of this Lincolnshire town.
- Woodhall Spa - Woodhall Spa is a very attractive former spa town on the edge of the Lincolnshire Wolds
- Tattershall Lakes - This waterside walk takes you along Tattershall Lakes and the River Bain in the Lincolnshire village of Tattershall.
The walk starts in the village centre on the River Bain, next to the remains of Tattershall Castle
- Donington on Bain - This pretty village is located in the Lincolnshire Wolds AONB, on the banks of the River Bain
- Louth Canal - Enjoy a waterside walk along the Louth Canal from Louth to Tetney Marshes
- Belchford - This pretty village lies in the Lincolnshire Wolds, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Chambers Farm Wood - Enjoy a series of peaceful walking trails in this forest and nature reserve in Wragby
- Viking Way - Follow in the footsteps of the Norse invaders on this long distance walk from the Humber Bridge to Oakham in Rutland
- Biscathorpe - This Lincolnshire Wolds walk takes you from the medieval village at Biscathorpe to another medieval site at nearby Wykeham
The George and Dragon is a nice village pub serving good home cooked food. They also have a large garden area to relax in on warmer days. You can find them on the High Street at postcode PE23 4NA for your sat navs.
The country and woodland trails make for a fine dog walk. Please keep them on leads around Snipe Dales though. Dogs are not permitted on the red walk through the nature reserve area here.
The George mentioned above is very dog friendly with water available.
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
For more walking ideas in the area see the Lincolnshire Walks page.