This village in north Norfolk is in a great spot for exploring some wonderful wildlife rich marshland.
This circular walk from the village visits Salt Marshes, Stiffkey Fen, Morston and Langham. There's some marvellous coastal scenery and lots of bird life to look out for around the lagoons and wetland.
The walk starts in the village and follows tracks north to meet with the Peddars Way and Norfolk Coast Path at the Salt Marshes. Follow the waymarked trail east and it will take you to Stiffkey Fen and Morston Green. Here you pick up a country trail and follow it south to the village of Langham and Langham Hall.
From Langham you can pick up another quiet country lane and follow it north west back to Stiffkey, passing through Cockthorpe as you go.
PostcodeNR23 1AJ - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Stiffkey Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Stiffkey Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Stiffkey OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Stiffkey Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Stiffkey
- Peddars Way and Norfolk Coast Path - The Peddars Way & Norfolk Coast Path begins at Knettishall Heath Country Park in Suffolk and takes you to Holme next the sea on the Norfolk coast along designated footpaths
- Cockthorpe Circular Walk - A circular walk from Morston, visiting the neighbouring villages of Stiffkey and Cockthorpe.
- Blakeney Circular Walk - This circular walk explores the coast and countryside around the village of Blakeney on the Norfolk Coast
- Blakeney Point Nature Reserve - This beautiful National Nature Reserve on the Norfolk coast is a four-mile-long sand and shingle spit with sand dunes, salt marshes, tidal mudflats and farmland
- Blakeney to Cley Walk - This walk takes you from Blakeney to the neighbouring village of Cley Next the Sea
Back in the village you can enjoy some post walk refreshment at The Red Lion. They serve some high quality fish dishes and have a nice garden area to relax in on warmer days. You can find them at 44 Wells Rd, NR23 1AJ.
The coastal and country paths make for a fine dog walk. The Red Lion mentioned above is also very dog friendly.