A circular riverside walk around the town of Weybridge, visiting Walton-on-Thames and Chertsey.
Start the walk at the car park off Walton Lane and then join the riverside path, following it east past Desborough Island to Walton Bridge. Cross the river here and follow the trail through the Lower Halliford area of Shepperton.
You continue west past Shepperton Lock and the Shepperton to Weybridge Ferry before coming to Lock Island. Here you will find a weir and a stretch of open ground where refreshments are served, making the island a popular place to visit or stop and rest.
Continue on the trail past Dumsey Meadow to Chertsey Bridge where you cross the river. Follow public footpaths through Chertsey Meads and you can enjoy views of the River Bourne.
The final section takes you along the Rivery Wey passing Hamhaugh Island before returning to the car park.
This walk uses part of the Thames Path long distance trail. You could extend your walk by following the path north to Staines or east towards Sunbury.
The River Wey Navigation trail also starts in Weybridge. You can follow the path south to New Haw and Guildford.
Weybridge Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Weybridge Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Weybridge OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Weybridge Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Other Walks around Weybridge
- Thames Path - Starting at the Source of the Thames at Thames Head in Gloucestershire, follow the iconic river through beautiful countryside and historic towns to the city of London.
The path runs for 184 miles running alongside the river for nearly the whole route making for a glorious experience whatever time of year
- River Wey Navigation - Follow the River Wey Navigation towpath from Godalming to the River Thames at Weybridge on this super waterside walk
- Esher Common - Enjoy a cycle or walk around this large open space in Surrey
- Claremont Park - This is a walk through Claremont Park and the beautiful Claremont Landscape Garden in Esher
- Wisley and Ockham Common - Explore over 800 acres of heathland and woodland on this walk in Surrey
- Wisley Gardens - These splendid RHS Gardens in Surrey have a number of lovely, well laid out footpaths to follow