This small rural village is located just west of Ely in Cambridgeshire.
The settlement includes a decent local pub and a noteworthy 14th century church which is Grade II listed.
This circular walk from the village takes you through the countryside to visit the neighbouring villages of Witcham and Coveney. The route passes through the Fens along a series of 'Droves' or tracks.
PostcodeCB6 2HQ - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Witchford Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Witchford Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Witchford OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Witchford Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Witchford
- Ely - The cathedral city of Ely is a great place for walkers
- Ouse Valley Way - Follow the River Great Ouse from the source at Brackley, Northamptonshire, to the mouth at The Wash at King's Lynn
- Fen Rivers Way - This is a teriffic riverside walking route running from Cambridge to King's Lynn in Norfolk
- Hereward Way - Starting in Oakham, in Rutland, follow the Herward Way through Stamford, Peterborough, Ely, and the Breckland forests to Thetford, in Norfolk
- Wicken Fen - Enjoy a walk or cycle through the beautiful Wicken Fen Nature Reserve in Cambridgeshire
- Downham Market - Enjoy a lovely riverside walk along the River Great Ouse in this attractive Norfolk town
- Welney WWT - Enjoy waterside footpaths along the New Bedford River on this easy circular walk at the Welney Wetland Centre.
- Lodes Way - This circular cycling trail runs through the Cambridgeshire Lodes on National Cycle Route 11 from the Wicken Fen Nature Reserve to Bottisham.
- Anglesey Abbey - Explore 114 acres of beautiful gardens surrounding this Jacobean mansion in Cambridge
- Soham - This pretty Cambridgeshire based town is located a few miles north east of the famous university city of Cambridge
Back in the village you can enjoy some post walk refreshment at the Village Inn. They have a large car park, a good menu and a pleasant garden area. You can find them at 80 Main Street with postcode CB6 2HQ.