Walk around Wokingham - Wokingham Way Circular Walk
This long circular walk follows the Wokingham Borough unitary boundary visiting Reading, Bracknell and Henley-on-Thames.
The walk takes you through Wokingham's most delightful areas including : the expansive Bracknell Forest, Tri Lakes Country Park and Wellington Country Park.
There's also the Iron Age hill fort at Crowthorne Wood and the splendid deer park at Cudham Court. The walk also includes waterside sections along the Thames Path and the Kennet and Avon Canal Walk around Reading and Henley.
Wokingham Way Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Wokingham Way Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Wokingham Way OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Wokingham Way Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Wokingham
- Wellington Country Park - This 350 acre park is very popular with walkers with four splendid nature trails to follow
- Tri Lakes Country Park - Also known as the Yately Lakes this lovely country park near Sandhurst has some nice waterside trails to try
- Henley-on-Thames - The popular market town of Henley-on-Thames has a number of excellent waymarked trails to try
- Bracknell Forest Ramblers Route - This circular walk takes you on a tour of the woodland and countryside of Bracknell Forest in Berkshire
- California Country Park - This country park is located near Wokingham in Berkshire and has two lovely short walks
- Finchampstead Ridges - This circular walk takes you through this peaceful common near Crowthorne
- Swinley Forest - This forest in Bracknell has miles of good walking trails and some good mtb trails as well
- Bagshot Park - This walk visits Bagshot Park and Rapley Lake on Bagshot Heath in Surrey
- Thames Path - Starting at the Source of the Thames at Thames Head in Gloucestershire, follow the iconic river through beautiful countryside and historic towns to the city of London.
- Kennet and Avon Canal Walk - A splendid waterside walk from the Thames at Reading, through Thatcham, Newbury, Hungerford, Great Bedwyn, Pewsey, Devizes, Bradford on Avon to Bath
- Dinton Pastures Country Park - Enjoy 7 lakes, 2 rivers, 3 bird hides and several meadows in this terrific 335 acre park in Hurst
- Crowthorne - This large Berkshire based village is located in a nice spot on the edge of Bracknell Forest
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
For some excellent walking paths and three colour coded mountain bike trails head to the nearby Swinley Forest. There are good facilities here with bike hire and coaching available from the Look Out Centre.
Just north of the village of Finchampstead you could take a small detour from the route to visit the Finchampstead Ridges. There's pleasant woodland trails and picturesque ponds to see in this area.
For more walking ideas in the area see the Berkshire Walks page.