- Following the path around Rutland Water at the start of the route
- The River Welland and Burghley House at Stamford
- The section along the River Nene and through Ferry Meadows Country Park in Peterborough
- The wonderful Welney WWT near Downham Market. The reserve is one of the best bird watching sites in the country.
- Following the River Nene through March in Cambridgeshire
- The magnificent Ely Cathedral and gardens
- Following the Little Ouse River into Brandon
- Brandon Country Park and Thetford Forest
- The delightful RSPB Lakenheath Fen nature reserve near Brandon
- The final section through the Breckland Heaths and Forests
The walk is well waymarked with a yellow arrow featuring two swords.
Please click here for more information
Hereward Way Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Hereward Way Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Hereward Way OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Hereward Way Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Hereward Way Pubs/Cafes
The Harbour Cafe is in a lovely spot overlooking Whitwell Harbour on Rutland Water. It's a great place to stop on the route and rest your legs. The cafe is open 7 days a week from March until November then they open Friday, Saturday and Sunday through the Winter. They offer a wide variety of, cooked breakfasts, home cooked lunches, snacks, great coffee and cakes in a relaxed family friendly environment. There's a great outdoor seating area with fine views of the water. You can find the cafe on Bull Brigg Lane with a postcode of LE15 8BL for your sat navs.