This historic village is located in a lovely spot in the popular Aber Valley in Gwynedd, North Wales. There's riverside trails, spectacular waterfalls and coastal paths to enjoy in this lovely area.
This circular walk from the village takes you to one of the major highlights of the area at the stunning Aber Falls. You'll then head to the coast where you can enjoy some fine views over Lavan Sands. Much of the route uses sections of the North Wales Path, a long distance waymarked walk runnning through the area.
The walk takes you through the Coedydd National Nature Reserve where you will pass the stunning 120ft high falls. There's also a wide variety of flora and fauna to see in this scenic area.
To continue your walking in the area head east to neighbouring Llanfairfechan where you can enjoy a climb to the splendid viewpoint on Conwy Mountain.
Abergwyngregyn Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Abergwyngregyn Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Abergwyngregyn OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Abergwyngregyn Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Abergwyngregyn
- Aber Falls - Follow a splendid walking trail up to the beautiful Aber Falls on this circular walk in the Snowdonia National Park
- North Wales Path - Explore hills, coast, valleys, mountains and the beautiful coast on this stunning walk through North Wales
- Conwy Mountain - Enjoy fabulous views over Conwy Bay and the Welsh mountains on this climb to Conwy Mountain (Mynydd y Dref).
You can follow a section of the North Wales Path from the town up into the hills
- Great Orme Country Park - Explore this limestone headland in Llandudno and enjoy spectacular views of the North Wales coast on this circular walk
- Foel Fras - Climb to the summit of Foel Fras on this challenging climb in the Carneddau mountain range in the Snowdonia National Park
- Aber Falls Easy Walk - This walk visits the beautiful Aber Falls in the Snowdonia National Park
- Jubilee Path Penmaenmawr - This walk takes you along the elevated Jubilee Path above Penmaenmawr on the North Wales coast
- Sychnant Pass - This circular walk explores the wonderful Sychnant Pass near Conwy in North Wales
- Rowen - This little village sits in a fine location in the beautiful River Conwy valley.
Back in the village head to the Aber Falls Cafe for some rest and refreshment after your exercise. The cafe supplies fine cakes, specialty coffees, toasted panini and luxury champagne high teas. There's a nice bright conservatory and a veranda with a lovely view of the garden. You can find the cafe in Abergwyngregyn with a postcode of LL33 0LD for your sat navs.