This splendid walk through the Norfolk Broads was voted the best waterside walk in Britain by waterscape.com in 2003. The walk is often completed in the following stages:
1. Great Yarmouth to Fritton Lake Country Park - on this section you will follow the River Yare, Breydon Water and the River Waveney passing Burgh Castle as you go. The section finishes at the delightful Fritton Lake Country World
2. Fritton Lake to Oulton Broad - you continue along the Waveney towards Lowestoft and the pretty Oulton Broad. On the way you will pass the splendid Somerleyton. The delightful model village includes thatched red-brick estate cottages and the splendid Somerleyton Hall with its beautiful gardens and expansive estate.
3. Oulton Broad to Beccles - an exclusivley waterside section along the Waveney (video below). You'll pass Oulton Broad and Carlton Marshes Nature Reserve with lots of interesting wildlife to look out for.
4. Beccles to Bungay - a countryside section via Shipmeadow
5. Bungay to Harleston - through the countryside via Homersfield with views of the River Waveney
6. Harleston to Diss - continuing along the Waveney via Hoxne and the Billingford Windmill.
7. Diss to Knettishall Heath - the final section which passes the source of the River Waveney, Redgrave and Lopham Fen.
The walk is waymarked with a yellow and green disc featuring an otter.