This major town in Essex has some fine local parks for walking and cycling.
This walk in the town visits Gloucester Park where you will find some pleasant trails and a picturesque lake.
Other local walking highlights include Langdon Hills Country Park and Wat Tyler Country Park where there are some well laid out footpaths to enjoy.
Please scroll down for the full list of walks near and around Basildon. The detailed maps below also show a range of footpaths, bridleways and cycle paths in the area.
Basildon Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Basildon Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Basildon OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Basildon Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Basildon
- Langdon Hills Country Park - This splendid country park in Basildon includes 400 acres of meadows, farmland and woodlands with an abundance of wildlife from Green Winged Orchids to the Great Crested Newt
- Wat Tyler Country Park - Explore 125 acres of parkland in the beautiful Essex Marshes near Basildon
- Thorndon Country Park - This large country park is located near Brentwood in Essex and contains a number of fine woodland trails, ideal for walking or cycling
- Weald Country Park - Enjoy lakes, tree-lined avenues, parkland and woodland in this 500 acre country park in Brentwood, Essex
- Battlesbridge - This Essex based village has some nice local trails along the River Crouch and a well known antiques centre housed in a picturesque old mill.
- South Woodham Ferrers - This Essex based town has some nice waterside footpaths along the local creek and river to try
- Marsh Farm Country Park - This country park in South Woodham Ferrers has miles of splendid waterside walking trails to enjoy
- Hanningfield Reservoir - This large body of water near Billericay has some nice woodland walking trails at its southern end
- Norsey Woods - These lovely woods near Billericay have some good waymarked footpaths to try
- St Peters Way - Travel from Chipping Ongar to the 7th century St Peter's Chapel on St Peter's Flat on this walk through Essex
- Hornchurch Country Park - Enjoy a walk or cycle through this large country park in Havering in the Ingrebourne Valley
- Ingatestone - This pretty Essex based village has some nice country trails to try
- Billericay - This Essex based town has some nice country walking trails, a popular local wood and a nearby reservoir to enjoy.
- Hockley Woods - Follow the peaceful walking trails through this large area of mixed woodland near Rayleigh in Essex
- Saffron Trail - A walk through the Essex countryside from the coast at Southend-on-Sea to Saffron Walden
- Belhus Woods Country Park - Enjoy the pretty lakes and peaceful woodland trails in this country park near Ockendon and Dagenham.
- Wickford - This Essex based commuter town is located on the tidal River Crouch, within the Borough of Basildon