Bridgend Circular Walk
Starting at Ogmore Castle on the River Ogwr, follow this relativley flat route around the town of Bridgend.
To the south of the town you pass through the villages of Ogmore and Merthyr Mawr. Here you'll pass close to the lovely Merthyr Mawr Sand Dunes which are worth a short detour from the route. The National Nature Reserve includes the 'Big Dipper', the highest dune in Wales. There's also the option of picking up the Wales Coast Path here and following it towards Porthcawl on our Porthcawl Coastal Walk.
To the north of the town you can visit Bryngarw Country Park. There's great walking trails here taking you to woodland, gardens, and an ornamental lake.
Please click here for more information
Bridgend Circular Walk Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Bridgend Circular Walk Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Bridgend Circular Walk OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Bridgend Circular Walk Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Bridgend
- Merthyr Mawr Sand Dunes Walk - This walk visits the lovely Merthyr Mawr Warren National Nature Reserve on the South Wales coast
- Bryngarw Country Park - This 120 acre country park is situated on the River Garw just north of Bridgend
- Porthcawl Coastal Walk - A walk from Porthcawl to Ogmore along a lovely section of the Wales Coast Path
- Kenfig Nature Reserve - A lovely coastal walk around this national nature reserve near Porthcawl, Bridgend
- Margam Country Park - This large country park includes the magnificent Margam Castle, an 18th Century Orangery with ornamental gardens and a Deer Park, all set within 1000 acres of beautiful countryside