Cavendish stands out as a particularly charming village in Suffolk, renowned for its delightful thatched cottages and scenic village green.
The idyllic setting is further enhanced by the presence of the historic Saint Mary’s Church and the welcoming Five Bells free house.
Walkers can enjoy the Stour Valley countryside using the long distance Stour Valley Path. This walk takes you west along the path to visit neighbouring Clare where you can visit one of the local highlights at Clare Castle Country Park. In the park you will find the remains of the 13th Century stone castle keep and the old Clare railway station. There is a riverside walk where you can see a variety of wildlife and a railway walk with details of the park's history.
Please scroll down for the full list of walks near and around Cavendish. The detailed maps below also show a range of footpaths, bridleways and cycle paths in the area.
Cavendish Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Cavendish Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Cavendish OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Cavendish Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Cavendish
- Clare Castle Country Park - This pretty country park is situated on the River Stour in the Suffolk town of Clare
- Stour Valley Path - Follow the River Stour from Newmarket to Cattawade on this delightful walk through East Anglia
- Bury St Edmunds - This walk visits some of the highlights of this lovely Suffolk town using sections of the St Edmund Way and Bury to Clare Walk
- Bury to Clare Walk - Follow the Bury to Clare Walk from Bury St Edmunds to Clare on this walk through Suffolk
- Sudbury - This circular walk takes you around the delightful Water Meadows in the Suffolk town of Sudbury
- Haverhill - This Suffolk based town has some nice local trails along the Stour Brook and the River Stour which run through the area.
- Bures - This pretty village is located in a lovely spot on the River Stour on the Suffolk/Essex county border
- Castle Hedingham - This walk explores the Essex based village of Castle Hedingham and its historic castle grounds.
- Gosfield Lake - This walk visits the village of Gosfield in the Braintree district of Essex near Halstead
- Melford Country Park - This walk visits Melford Country Park in the village of Long Melford in Suffolk.
- Melford Hall - Enjoy a walk around the beautiful grounds of Melford Hall in Suffolk
- Kentwell Hall Long Melford - This circular walk explores the beautiful grounds of this 16th century stately home in Long Melford, Suffolk
- Lavenham - This pretty Suffolk village has lots of good options for walkers wishing to explore the area
The Five Bells is located in a lovely spot with views over the village green. They serve good food and also have a garden area for warmer weather. You can find them at postcode CO10 8BA for your sat navs. The pub is dog friendly.